Author Topic: LOTS OF NEW DECALS  (Read 1814 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
LOTS OF NEW DECALS
« on: November 27, 2009, 09:37:14 PM »
Being a man who never likes hearing the words "not available" i have organised for a professional graphic artist to produce full decal sets for pinball machines that are not currently available. A client of mine is a Graphic Artist/Commercial Printer and has a commercial printers (many) that are the absolute latest in technology and worth a few hundred thousand dollars each. After discussing my requirements, he has described in detail the process he uses to produce anything and everything from these commercial printing machines. Full Pinball decals sets are no problem whatsoever.

After discussing in detail the quality of the WILLIAMS decals coming out of WG, i am told that this process is far inferior than the printing process used by my contact.Because the WILLIAMS stuff from WG is not laminated and is solvent based printing, it is entry level to the printing industry and more designed for inexpensive/budget printing, meaning it is a money saver, not the best available printing process available at a more competitive price.

What this means, is that the decal sets produced by a professional printing company, are dramatically better because of the high end machinery/software used, than a sole operator who isnt a professional printer, knocking out budget style decal sets from a budget one only printer.
I have seen the end results from both sources, and the Brisbane company runs rings around  the other process.

Accordingly, I have provided my contact with a list of machines that I would like reproduced.These are machines that are currently NOT available.
We will work on the available decal sets, perhaps at a later date.  %$%

The first machine i will be reproducing full decals are for Black Knight 2000. Originally painted cab art, with no decals available, I have commissioned for these to be done.
When these are finalised over the coming few weeks, I will post photos etc. What i would like to see, is a list of decal sets, that members would like to see "become available" that are currently not available anywhere.Technology combined with a few dollars takes care of these issues.

ohh, and by the way, if i recieve a "copyright bullshit letter" from anyone claiming to be the williams pinball messiah of the universe, i say kiss my @ss WG.Pinball collectors need decal sets, not little men from melbourne with god complexes.If u have a decal set u want for a pin, u let me know. All i need are decent photos of a machine in great condition, to start with.

p.s- if anyone is a friend of WG, i am just being humorous ofcourse, or not ?  %$%  %$%
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 09:45:21 PM by caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
Re: LOTS OF NEW DECALS
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 10:05:14 PM »
Mate I love your enthusiasm, but just tread carefully. 

I know how this sounds but I would consider doing this via the right process and channels and then you have nothing to worry about.  I believe that the person you are referring to demands 10% of your profit or takings or you could give him 20% of the stock you produce - it may be vice versa.  That way the decals would be endorsed by Williams as such and your butt would be covered and you can still produce top notch high quality decals that prove your point.

I would love to see you get this done, I just don't want to hear you have any dramas.  There are few guys on this forum that I am sure have some stories for you.

As for decals sets...

BSD
Police Force, especially the POLICE FORCE letters on the topper
Addicted to pins.

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 10:39:10 PM »
Its like do what you will, but I wouldnt be so public about it.
I wish you well however.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 10:53:50 PM »
People have hoices, cheaply made non-laminated decals at expensive prices, or laminated superior decals at a quarter of the price (cost only).
I understand what u have said. BUT let me make it clear, i wouldnt give him one cent, EVER.EVER.EVER.EVER.EVER.
How can any reasonable human being do business with someone who i would personally squash into the concrete like a cockroach.
I have had dealings with him before, as many have, and felt like i needed a shower to wash off the yuk that came from him.You cant do business with insane or greedy unreasonable people.

WILLIAMS is dead. It died years ago. If i wish to enhance my own property, or a friends or two  %$%, that is my choice.
I can legally do whatever i like with my own property for my own purposes.It will take alot more than ding dong to slow or stop me.
In fact, his greed and ongoing behaviour will only enhance my resolve to hand out sets of every WMS decals i can print, plus whatever others i wish to enhance, til the cows come home
The entire pinball hobby resto movement, is more important, than waiting for someone else to print decals that are not currently available.
I hear some people have been waiting years for the new WILLIAMS pinball machine releases coming out of melbourne. Snnnnrrrrrr. Rumplestiltskin.
Where are they ? I will just produce my own BK2000 decals and show people what can be done, with honest effort and hard work, versus never ending promises that will never come to reality.Then i will produce the next not available sets.

I want to help others and enhance their machines, not my pocket in any way, shape or form, and i will never make a 1cent profit from any of it.
Lets wait for BK2000, as an example.  ^^^

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2009, 10:54:53 PM »
Mate I love your enthusiasm, but just tread carefully. 

I know how this sounds but I would consider doing this via the right process and channels and then you have nothing to worry about.  I believe that the person you are referring to demands 10% of your profit or takings or you could give him 20% of the stock you produce - it may be vice versa.  That way the decals would be endorsed by Williams as such and your butt would be covered and you can still produce top notch high quality decals that prove your point.

I would love to see you get this done, I just don't want to hear you have any dramas.  There are few guys on this forum that I am sure have some stories for you.

As for decals sets...

BSD
Police Force, especially the POLICE FORCE letters on the topper

10% aye, well thats easy, sell them for 50 cents each + a postage fee of $150. (I have used $150 as an approximation) so that makes 5 cents  @@*

well this will be interesting i was waiting 20 years for my last pin but only a few weeks after meeting cave man he helped me sort one out.

so when this guy says it will be then it will be.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 11:05:38 PM by beaky »
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2009, 11:04:02 PM »
I wish you well however.

Nothing to do with this thred but how cool does Greg's 2 DMDs look in his avaitor  #*#

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2009, 11:04:57 PM »
10% for what??

You can only claim royalties if you have permission to produce in the first place.. Many things are sold with a 10% commission.... when i had negotiations it was 20%...

What one man claims to have rights to produce and what one ACTUALLY has permission to produce are 2 very seperate things.

Good luck to you i say.. %.% ^^^

PM on its way...

Offline JD

• Forum Posts:
  • Maitland NSW
  • There's no law against having fun, just yet!
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2009, 11:07:55 PM »
Once not too long ago, a wise man offered me some advice. He said there is a lot to be said for quietly going about your business without making a fuss. When you make a fuss you awake all kinds of; doo gooders; maggots; people who need to have an opinion on everything regardless of their contribution; time wasters; would be if they could bee's; and so on.

As a member of this forum you have the ability to deal with the opportunities in a discreet manner and that is the name of the game here I suggest!

J.D.    ()
There is no law against having fun just yet (but I am sure they are busy are drafting one!)

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2009, 11:14:25 PM »
p.s- if anyone is a friend of WG, i am just being humorous ofcourse, or not ?  %$%  %$%

Hey leave my cousin alone!!!

Nah, just kidding - someone at a meet once thought I was related for some reason??? I have no idea why!

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2009, 11:23:25 PM »
Once not too long ago, a wise man offered me some advice. He said there is a lot to be said for quietly going about your business without making a fuss. When you make a fuss you awake all kinds of; doo gooders; maggots; people who need to have an opinion on everything regardless of their contribution; time wasters; would be if they could bee's; and so on.

As a member of this forum you have the ability to deal with the opportunities in a discreet manner and that is the name of the game here I suggest!

J.D.    ()

JD expanded upon what I said nicely, but we all see things differently. Caveman's balls and all attitude may just prevail where others havent.

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2009, 11:26:28 PM »
I wish you well however.

Nothing to do with this thred but how cool does Greg's 2 DMDs look in his avaitor  #*#

Ty Tony, I love the way they look now that 99.9% of the lighting is LED.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2009, 11:27:13 PM »
Brett - Great idea to produce decals for the machines you own. If they are not produced, or the ones currently being produced are not up to standards, you are well within your rights to replace the artwork on a machine(s) you own. It is your property to do what you want.

From the feedback I'm hearing about this "new technology", the artwork is of inferior quality from the original.

Can't wait to see your progress on the BK2000 !

JD has some GREAT advise to save you from any heat  #@#
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2009, 11:27:40 PM »
JD , normally i would say you are correct. But,

But in this case, lets use the following examples.

EXAMPLE 1.
I am trekking thru the forrest and i am outside a wild bears cave, theres a big nasty bear inside, with big teeth. Should I be sensible and be quiet ? YES, WITHOUT A DOUBT.

EXAMPLE NO 2.
Theres a spastic bear inside the cave, it has no teeth, it promises for years to come out and never does, it farts instead of growling. It is also a dwarf midget bear, Should i be sensible and be quiet ?
NO, WITHOUT ANY DOUBT, I AM GOING TO MAKE HEAPS OF NOISE, I AM GOING TO CRANK UP MY PRINTING PRESS, AND WAKE IT UP SO I CAN LAUGH AT THE MIDGET TOOTHLESS BEAR, and if it ever bothers to come out of its crappy house, i will just laugh at it and print more before i kick its arse up and down the forrest.

I am not a quiet sort of guy, but i am the sort of guy that will deliver decals that arent made by anyone.  &&

p.s - strangeways, the new technology is far superior to the original artwork. I would perhaps offer a set of twz, addams, indianna, and a further list to envoke your appetite, but wait till u see popeye for example.  && new decals back from the grave. gee, i wonder how ?  &&  &&

« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 11:33:27 PM by caveoftreasures »

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2009, 11:42:03 PM »
JD , normally i would say you are correct. But,

But in this case, lets use the following examples.

EXAMPLE 1.
I am trekking thru the forrest and i am outside a wild bears cave, theres a big nasty bear inside, with big teeth. Should I be sensible and be quiet ? YES, WITHOUT A DOUBT.

EXAMPLE NO 2.
Theres a spastic bear inside the cave, it has no teeth, it promises for years to come out and never does, it farts instead of growling. It is also a dwarf midget bear, Should i be sensible and be quiet ?
NO, WITHOUT ANY DOUBT, I AM GOING TO MAKE HEAPS OF NOISE, I AM GOING TO CRANK UP MY PRINTING PRESS, AND WAKE IT UP SO I CAN LAUGH AT THE MIDGET TOOTHLESS BEAR, and if it ever bothers to come out of its crappy house, i will just laugh at it and print more before i kick its arse up and down the forrest.

I am not a quiet sort of guy, but i am the sort of guy that will deliver decals that arent made by anyone.  &&

p.s - strangeways, the new technology is far superior to the original artwork. I would perhaps offer a set of twz, addams, indianna, and a further list to envoke your appetite, but wait till u see popeye for example.  && new decals back from the grave. gee, i wonder how ?  &&  &&

Brett - The "new technology" I'm referring to are the inkjet decals currently for sale on eBay.

Having said that - MartyJ mentioned that the IPB "Funhouse" decals are REALLY nice. I might have to snag a set  #@#

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2009, 11:59:25 PM »
strangeways, some of the ebay ones, are the ones i was referring to in my first post.
recently purchased stock from my favourite seller mark c are different than the "printed on demand" stinky ink decals done by ding dong.

Marks for example are quality.Everything of marks is quality to my knowledge.
I have started using a different process. u could get marks ones laminated anywhere for example.they would be brilliant. i have new sets of mark's here.they are fine.
i will never do anything that mark already sells/does, out of respect to him, but decals like bk2000, and other non made decals now, different story.
The printing process i am using today, is different altogether than WG's,and mine are far superior. a 5 second look at the final product tells instantly.
Its like vhs compared to dvd.   anyway, wait for my photos.  *%*