Author Topic: Fake Ebayers  (Read 2052 times)

Offline Pinmem

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Caroline Springs, Melbourne
Fake Ebayers
« on: July 29, 2010, 08:38:22 PM »
I have finally caught up with all the pre-orders and have decided to put some pinballs on ebay. Although I have sold a few I have had to re-list many pinballs due to customers bidding on my items and then not responding. I find this not normal as I have sold many other items on ebay without this kind of problem. I smell something funny going on.

Here are the Fake Unresponsive Bidders.

chevy454mitchel
g.g.f.007
katieloiseshopping
pinballwizardpeter
freelancer20
spongbob215

Offline deadlydave

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast
Re: Fake Ebayers
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 08:53:46 PM »
Would be very annoying for you I'm sure  ^&^, would certainly give me the shits.
Whats the feedback like on these clowns?
You may have to set a minimum feedback rating to bid?

Cheers
Dave

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 09:04:14 PM »
Its very annoying when ebayers don't respond to your messages.
Why people bid on items they don't want is beyond me.
Perhaps they were just fishing with a second account to find out how much the highest bid was and won it by mistake.
Boots ^.^

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 09:09:03 PM »
I guess you can expect one in a while, but so many in succession is definitely strange.

Oscar I would suggest to contact eBay directly.  Their internal investigations department should be able to look into it and quickly establish whether its just a run of bad luck or whether the accounts have been accessed from the same computer (I.P).

If it was from a single computer (and or person) then eBay should refer the matter onto the local or federal authorities.

Offline Pinmem

• Forum Posts:
  • Caroline Springs, Melbourne
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 09:31:31 PM »
The non responsive have been zero feebback but there has been another hanfdull that have no idea what they are bidding on. I thought if you are going to spend over a thousand dollars you are at some stage going to read the description of the item before bidding.

I have reported it to ebay already. There going to get back to me.

Offline Boots

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2010, 09:51:33 PM »
Don't know how far you will get, Ebay traditionally looks after buyers more than sellers (just look at the feedback system).
Don't know why, without sellers there is no Ebay

Boots

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2010, 10:30:27 PM »
some people dont play fair on ebay, it's a dirty place

Shame we cant block zero bidders.

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2010, 10:31:04 PM »
Oscar I would suggest just blocking these bidders for all future actions, or retracting there bids during your auction. You could then put in your listing that ALL bidders must have at least 5 or more feedback score?
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Boots

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2010, 10:38:13 PM »
Oscar I would suggest just blocking these bidders for all future actions, or retracting there bids during your auction. You could then put in your listing that ALL bidders must have at least 5 or more feedback score?

Only problem with blocking under 5 feedback bidders is you exclude genuine bidders who have a low feedback.
Quite often the low feedback newbs drive your price up for you.

Offline pinballheaven

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2010, 10:45:36 PM »
Oscar, sorry to hear that! It can also be a little costly as unless you report it you still get charged your listing fee ansd sale fee but as you have already reported them this should be refunded. I sell a fair bit on Ebay and over the past few months I seem to have had a few strange responses and approaches regarding some listings. The value of mine are usually a few hundred dollars at most but lately there seems to be an increase in problems. Nevertheless, I am glad you reported it because it is very very strange indeed that you personally had such a high failure rate which would be much higher than the norm. Good luck with the investigation and I hope they get what is comming!

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2010, 10:45:44 PM »
and you cant block their bids (bidders with zero or better are permitted to bid on anyones auction), just because you say so in the listing doesnt stop them for bidding, and actually stating so is against ebay rules, you can have your listing pulled for unfair/unreasonable seller demands

You can cancel anyone's bids, but at the end of auction you cant do it quick enough.

At best you could block usernames with low/zero feedback using the block bidder feature in your account settings. But they will just create new usernames.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 10:49:12 PM by Extra Ball »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2010, 04:10:36 AM »
Oscar, there is a section on ebay, that you can "request customer address" and in fact ebay gives it to u automatically within a few minutes via your normal ebay page etc.

When I used to sell alot of stuff on ebay, if a buyer had met certain criteria (mainly that they had won an item from you) you could easily obtain their registered ebay address and phone numbers etc via a link similar to the dispute reoloution link.

This way, you can get the real details, or the details listed at least, forthe smartass people who are stuffing you around.
Then, I reckon you can name and shame them on here at least (subject to moderator approval) for dicking you around.

Perhaps, it may be worth while you "farming a few machines out" to friends or family to list so that the ads appear like any normal random one off ebay machine seller. It will be hard for a certain individual, or individuals, to then target all your listings.

Hope it helps.  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2010, 09:07:53 AM »
The changes by management at eBay over the past few years have reduced the place to rubble! The feedback system is a complete sham. Have a look at this neutral and tell me why eBay shouldn't remove it....

"the napkins only measure the stated size once unfolded not when folded"

What sort of imbicile would write that and leave a neutral??

Makes you wonder how they manage to keep breathing really  ^&^
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2010, 09:18:09 AM »
I smell something funny going on.

Yes, something funny for sure.

Could you list the auction link against the respective non-payer? Wouldn't mind having a look through the bid history to see what went on.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline thefasteddy69

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Southern Highlands
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2010, 09:54:27 AM »
Not sure if this helps. As I have only sold 1 machine via ebay.

However we came to a deal outside of the listing and sold it direct minus the hassle.

It was a lot faster and I only removed the listing when I was sure that we had a cash price fixed first. It was pretty clean that way.