Author Topic: Fake Ebayers  (Read 2051 times)

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
Re: Fake Ebayers
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2010, 05:43:51 AM »

Hello All,, lm a bit of a comercial seller on feebay,,holden parts,  user name is FAIRLANELTD

Selling Holden parts and your user name is "Fairlane LTD"   %.%
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline pinball-collector

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2010, 09:24:38 PM »

Hello All,, lm a bit of a comercial seller on feebay,,holden parts,  user name is FAIRLANELTD

Selling Holden parts and your user name is "Fairlane LTD"   %.%

yeah,,l have an answer to that,,,lm still a bit of a ford man,,use to sell ford parts,, then jumped the fence,,now l sell holden parts,,why?? they sell better  $#$ and while we are on the subject of 0 feedbackers,,just had a 0 feedbacker buy an item for $2000,,then wanted to negotiate and best price  &^&,, just contacted ebay to find out how a 0 feedbacker,, get past my under 3 feedbacks blocks? ebay shits me...

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2010, 10:41:31 PM »
ebay shits me"

Amen brother! (and I'm FAR from religious)

I used to sell $80~150K a year but then all the idiotic changes destroyed it all.....feedback changes - forced PayPal crap etc etc etc...

I gave up and did other things but good luck to you.
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2010, 08:43:14 PM »
6 fake bidders in 1 hit. Wow how unlucky. You usually get 1 occasionally but 6??? That's just crazy! I see one is from the USA and one no longer exists.

Curiouser and curiouser.. .. Very odd. Oh well, as I asked, if we can have the matching auction links a little bit of AP detective work can commence and maybe we can work out this very odd situation.

Hey Oscar, any chance of getting these links posted? We would love to sort this out for you. I'm sure we can help out so it doesn't happen again.

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2010, 10:56:45 PM »
stop selling/inporting  shit ^&^ ^&^
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2010, 08:15:55 AM »
Do you mean cheap euro-trash pins? I say bring them on, infact fill australia with them, make pinball affordable for all  *%*

Offline Pinmem

• Forum Posts:
  • Caroline Springs, Melbourne
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2010, 01:08:17 PM »
At the moment it is in the hands of the Trust and security sector of Ebay and they are investigating it, Thanks for the offer. Also without all the imports there would be no Pinballs in Australia.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 01:32:10 PM by Nikoloski »

Offline Pinfan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2010, 06:11:34 PM »

I understand that there is always hassles with Pins. That goes for buying, selling, importing and everything involved around pinballs!

In saying this, who are you to put this forward to someone who does IMPORT and sell pins ?

People like Oscar keep pins affordable and if people like Oscar didn't import pins MOST here would be the first to complain about high prices...

You can never win in this hobby...  *.*  *.*  @.@  @.@  !!!  !!!

Some people have big HEADS !

Offline rads

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2010, 07:40:20 PM »
If you have a specific gripe that you are adamant is real, and you can't sort it privately, make a factual post

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2010, 07:45:02 PM »
make a factual post

Yep, that would be nice
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2010, 10:10:27 PM »
At the moment it is in the hands of the Trust and security sector of Ebay and they are investigating it, Thanks for the offer. Also without all the imports there would be no Pinballs in Australia.

Thanks for the update. Be sure to let us know what they find as it would be nice to see justice being done.

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2010, 11:50:38 PM »

I understand that there is always hassles with Pins. That goes for buying, selling, importing and everything involved around pinballs!

In saying this, who are you to put this forward to someone who does IMPORT and sell pins ?

People like Oscar keep pins affordable and if people like Oscar didn't import pins MOST here would be the first to complain about high prices...

You can never win in this hobby...  *.*  *.*  @.@  @.@  !!!  !!!

If people can afford tom outlay $30k for a container of pinnies, I say good luck, but eventually every man and his dog will be doing it and the pin you payed $5000 for you will be lucky to sell for $2000 (assuming you want to sell it).
Won't happen today or tomorrow but you would think it has to happen, bit like musical chairs really, just don't be the last one sitting on a full container.
Hard to know really what will happen in a couple of years when another 5000 pins are in circulation.

Boots

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2010, 01:20:44 AM »
most of us see pins as an investment in fun, something to give the family enjoyment etc, and a rewarding hobby. Being a financial investment comes a far second place. I will not care that my pins de-value due to plentiful supply. I will be happy to afford more pins because prices will fall. Only the top end stuff can be considered financial investment, and alot of them pins are not value for playability.

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2010, 07:07:59 AM »
most of us see pins as an investment in fun, something to give the family enjoyment etc, and a rewarding hobby. Being a financial investment comes a far second place. I will not care that my pins de-value due to plentiful supply. I will be happy to afford more pins because prices will fall. Only the top end stuff can be considered financial investment, and alot of them pins are not value for playability.

I guess prices will eventually fall, but I don't believe the people currently importing used pinballs in containers are importing them for that reason.
There are two reasons:
1. To MAKE MONEY.
2. To ad a couple of pins to their collection.
I think we have to be realistic about this, because if I had risked a big slab of my money to bring a container of pins into the country I would probably want to think there was a pot of gold waiting at the end of it.
Like I said before good luck to them they are expanding the selection available, but lets not kid ourselves, it all to make cash.

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2010, 08:10:16 AM »
Time for my two cents worth...

If I was importing a container as a private individual and not as a business, then I would be hoping to score a few pins for myself and that the punters paid enough for the remaining titles so that I could break even.