Author Topic: FIRST PLAY OF AC/DC DONE ! NEW PHOTOS N NEW VIDEOS  (Read 1589 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
FIRST PLAY OF AC/DC DONE ! NEW PHOTOS N NEW VIDEOS
« on: February 01, 2012, 10:33:21 AM »
I am priveleged to say that I was able to play AC/DC for the first time at AMD with Bruce and Norbert from AMD.  What a blast. What a fun and very fast game.
I arrived in Sydney tuesday just after lunch and made my way from the airport straight to AMD, Sydneys/Australias largest Stern dealer.
Bruce had just unboxed and set up the AC/DC machine and Bruce/Norbert gave me the oppurtunity to play the first game on a AC/DC.
There were a few other machines downstairs that the AMD techs were testing out etc, but i was lucky enough to score the first game for the public. What a top bloke Bruce and Norbert are. Two of the nicest blokes u could ever meet.

** (note - all the photos below were taken by me on Tuesday 31st January around 2pm, a few hours before the AMD mini meeting started with the permission of AMD).
If u belong to another forum here, or a forum in the USA, you are welcome to share the link to Aussie Pinball with anyone around the world. These are probably the fresh'est n better photos available anywhere on the planet)  Aussie Pinball - the best n most up to date Pinball site in the world !   ^^^  lol

AC/DC GAMEPLAY >
Well, the game is FAST and i mean fast. The game is FUN and fun x 100. The music is sensational. This package is bloody well put together.
There are some surprises on this AC/DC pin. There is a Aussie flag on the playfield, a school logo for Ashfield High school and some other uniquely aussie stuff. You get to see things in the flesh that the photos dont show. The big surprise, is the Dot matrix is bright bright RED and its a brand new LED style display, used for the first time ever on a AC/DC pin. The difference is big. The other surprises, is at the end of the game, the match double digits spin and Angus pulls down his pants to show the 2 digits before the game pops for a match. Some really fun annimations on the dot matrix during gameplay.  Other people who came in later, instantly declared they were buying a PRO version as soon as they could. This game is dam fun and dam fast. The cannon is great. Everything is great.

The game can be unforgiving as well, centre drain or lane dranes, it is so fast. I wouldnt change a thing, pinball collectors, great players, novice players will love this machine. The package feels very very right. If u are able to sell a machine, or get a credit card, I would look at paying a small deposit, and get ya self a AC/DC pin. Your investment would be $5950 for a AC/DC pin. Best pinball money u could ever spend. It is that good. AMD will look after you like the long lost. They are great people. Very professional.

New videos/Photos.
I fly out of Sydney in apx 4 hours and when i return home I will load on some amazing videos and photos.

Interesting AC/DC stuff.
This machine, and the others were made on 20 Jan 2012 and air freighted the same day. The sticker on the playfield said machine 131 out of 500.
So it seems the first batch of Pro models were aimed at a 500 run. Stern will meed to put a 2 in front of that number, cause 2500 would be more like it. So after 500 units, perhaps the LE line will start up.

Thanks to Bruce and Norbert.
If u get the chance to visit AMD, pop in. Great blokes, great cup of tea. Just really nice professional people who treated me like a king and their service/back up warranty etc would be second to none. I was happy to place a deposit on a AC/DC and a Transformers. I think alot of people will instantly love the AC/DC Pro model. It is very very very good.

Will post some videos and new photos this afternoon.  ^^^ and I was hoping someone from AP would be the first person to play the AC/DC pin so that worked out well. Also I want to add that i had a few beers with Daniel (fair dinkum Dan) and he is a nice bloke, who also gave me a lift. We spoke for a good 3 hours i reckon. He is organising alot for pinball in Sydney for pinball competitions.  ^^^
   You get the nicest people in Pinball. It was also great sitting in for the initial delalers conference, which I was invited to. Some great info/changes on the Transformers and AC/DC models with new software to run cash competitions all loaded up inside the machines with new software, and also excellent tournament modes together with the ability to leave not just 3 letters when u get a high score but 10 digits now added for tounament mode apparently, and also these new machines take note/paper money, so the new bill/money accepters is great. I will add alot more detail to the thread when i get home on my own computer.thanks for reading.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 11:50:04 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: FIRST PLAY OF AC/DC DONE ! NEW PHOTOS N NEW VIDEOS
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 10:50:21 AM »
Thanks for the update, quite exciting and lookin forward to photos and videos....  #*#
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 10:54:41 AM »
ohhh, and I wanted to add, the delivery date for the first big batch of AC/DC pins is around early March. If u are seriously thinking of buying a AC/DC pin, ring Bruce, have a chat, put down a deposit, and secure one, cause the Pro model is selling like hotcakes, the world wide demand is thru the roof, and the production line at Stern will be going flat out. That just means if u get in right now, u may secure a Pro model from the first AMD seafreight container, or u will have to wait for the next container.

I was amazed at a few people who said they had ordered a LE model, but said they will jump on a Pro model instantly, cause it was so good. People were so excited playing this pin. Yep, the overall package is probably the most enjoyable machine I have ever played. The music and the dot matrix, just the whole thing makes pinball so dam fun. I still cant get over how much fun we all had. People were dam excited. No one wanted to go home. It was that good. I think $5950 is a bargain. So much bang for ya buck. The operators just loved this machine as well. Everyone loved it. There was nothing anyone complained about at all. nothing.  yeh, a real fun machine. the pin will do wonders for the aussie pinball movement. EXCITING TIMES. What a winner they have here.  ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ $#$ $#$ $#$ $#$ $#$ $#$ $#$ $#$

ohh, also forgot the colour combinations are spectacular. its bright reds n yellows with blacks n greay etc. in the flesh it is so much better than the photos originally released. the black legs work well, the cabinet art is great. the headbox colours are great. everything here works. my initial thoughts 3 or 4 weeks ago, were totally wrong. in the flesh this machine rocks. The LE versions must also be dam winners too. The playfield colours are great, and the ugly head aint ugly at all when u have the machine under you. first photo impressions are nothing like seeing it and touching it. they have done a dam good job. u see so much more when u study the artwork on the playfield n all the small touches u cant see in the previously released photos. bling mirror blades, a few strategically placed LEDs and a shaker motor, even a topper will send this thing into outer space of goodness.

so many things i am remembering. will just keep adding stuff as i remember.. oohhh the music, the clarity, the LOUDNESS when u turn this baby up high. MAGNIFICENT. Probably the best speaker package n audio package to date. Man, wait til u guys get to play it.

i just wish all the AP guys could jump on a bus. what a fun machine. people, even critics, WILL be blown away.  ^^^
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 11:03:38 AM by Caveoftreasures »

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 01:13:04 PM »
Good work Brett,

Can't wait to see the pics & video's
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 01:45:04 PM »
Cheers Brett for the run down I can tell the excitement in your words cant wait for pictures and video come on hurry up mate get unloading ^^^ get anyone have any news or pic's of the LE?

Peter

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 03:47:56 PM »
Nice update Brett , well done .
Sounds like you had a ball

Offline punter

• Forum Posts:
  • illawarra
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 05:54:32 PM »
Top stuff Brett,my blood pressure was going up the more i kept reading your comments.We have seen the pics,watched the vids,heard the music ect.The whole package is a winner for me and thats without playing it yet.Steve was given a brief to make an ACDC pin and i think he has delivered that without a doubt in spades.I have also met Dan a few times and he is a top bloke.Looking forward to your updates when you get home  ^^^.

Offline Prince

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 06:23:03 PM »
The Golden pin has arrived. Now i have to sell my only pinball machine (TAF) to finance one! LOL.

Great write up Brett.
Sounds like you had a ball with those AA members - please don't leave us  !!!
SC.

Offline pinballheaven

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 06:37:10 PM »
Brett,

You may have found a new career in pinball sales!!

Sounds very interesting to say the least.

Jeff

Offline punter

• Forum Posts:
  • illawarra
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2012, 06:42:43 PM »
Brett,

You may have found a new career in pinball sales!!

Sounds very interesting to say the least.

Jeff
+1  %.%,with that great feedback i think Bruce should give you one for free,as i think you might increase their sales  @@*.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2012, 06:50:24 PM »
The Golden pin has arrived. Now i have to sell my only pinball machine (TAF) to finance one! LOL.

Great write up Brett.
Sounds like you had a ball with those AA members - please don't leave us  !!!

:lol

I rekcon he has picked a job as a amd rep....nice infomercial there mate. ^^^
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2012, 07:31:43 PM »

Thanks for the info Brett, certainly sounds like you enjoyed the game, can't wait for more detailed information to surface, I might get tempted yet!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2012, 07:44:34 PM »

Thanks for the info Brett, certainly sounds like you enjoyed the game, can't wait for more detailed information to surface, I might get tempted yet!

Ok. time to add 16 plus photos. then some videos. Yes Nick, the music and overall feel makes this one a keeper. A fun keeper.
I will add some info whilst I am remembering....

When u start the game, the pinny is a jukebox. yes a jukebox. u use the flippers to choose which song u want to play. I cant quite remember how i chose the song but it times out on whatever selection you toggle to from using the flippers if u dont chose it, but from memory by shooting the ball it locks in that song. during the gameplay, you hear all the different sounds by hitting different targets etc. the stand up targets makes the game very very fast, the ball rebounds at 100 miles an hour. drop targets MAY slow the game down, but lets just see the LE models.  
    I gotta tell u, the bells noise/chime is way cool. the train noise is just a hoot. its insane. the guitar noises n drumming noises, the crowd noises, all different noises from hitting different shots. when u get multiball or get different missions the song then changes, but the first song choice goes for a while. during gameplay u can use the machine like a jukebox. I cant tell u just how LOUD N CLEAR the audio package is. BLOODY CRISP N LOUD. U have to hear the train noise. it is UNBELIEVABLE N GOOD.

Ok , photos x 16 being added now which will take me a good half hour so just give me 5 for all of them to load. then i will do the videos. then i will add info about specific gameplay shots etc for the guys who want extra specifics.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 08:04:50 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2012, 07:56:37 PM »
more photos.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2012, 07:59:34 PM »
more photos