Author Topic: HAS the Shine worn off & dissapeared somewhat ? Re WOZ ?  (Read 1368 times)

Offline ajlaird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
I would have thought it eminently sensible to keep paid-up-front customers well informed as to the progress of the machine.

I don't think the title has lost anything - to me the shine hasn't worn off, but I am not a customer. As I have seen it progress I have to admit to being somewhat impressed with JJP even though the title is one I would not own.

As to dealer vs direct, JJP will be making money either way. It's up to the dealers to work out with JJP what is fair. Some people will want the perceived comfort of buying local; others will buy direct to save a few hundred dollars (although with freight and GST on imports over $1000 I don't see how this works if the difference is only $500).

The Hobbit will be huge. There is a massive fan-base, awesome cast and Peter Jackson is directing. Enough said.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Who said it was a race?

Nobody has said that JJP will put Sten out of business

it is only pinball, pinball is meant to be fun

You are correct, its not a race but each company seems to be sending stuff out to the media just before each company plans on its next title release (say JJP releasing the Hobbit info just a week or so prior to Stern releasing the Avengers info/photos etc)...so sort of a calculated media race, if u know what i am geting at.

JJP and Stern wont put each other out of business, but I am sure they would like to.lol..... or at least take each others sales n market share each time a new title is released...dont worry, its on for young n old, you dont think Gary and Jack wont be trying to stick it to each other....people say JJP arent in the same market as Stern etc, but if it has silver balls and flippers, its the same market....but Stern does need to relook at widebodies I believe to take that edge away from JJP....does anyone else want to see a Stern widebody come along..I would love a Stern widebody....bring it on...

Yes pinball is meant to be fun..always has, but now its also very competitive (or just starting to be).....In a small way, within the next year or two, the Stern versus JJP thing, will be like the Ford versus Holden thing, where people pick a colour n stick to it....its all in good fun...maybe each year at the pinball expo in the USA, their might even be a charity tug o war with a fifty foot rope and 20 employees for both Stern n JJP giving it a red hot go for charity...now, that would be fun...

also, when i first asked the question (original post - topic starter) about the shine wearing off the WOZ machine etc, I wasnt picking sides and suggesting it had, it was just a discussion point...I am pro both companies cause i am pro all pinball n pro competition....I wouldnt be planning on buying a WOZ when the time is right if I had a dislike for JJP....I just am backing Stern for the time being, but JJP will catch up over the next few years with titles released/machine choices/model differences like Pro/Premium/LE x 2 etc...its going to be fun n interesting to watch...

When I speak to Gary Stern, I will ask him if he is planning on a Stern widebody and ten other things hopefully...If he asks me about JJP, I will say Who ? ..never heard of them...that will make him happier/less defensive to answer lots of cool questions.lol

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
If he asks me about JJP, I will say Who ? ..never heard of them...that will make him happier/less defensive to answer lots of cool questions.lol

Something tells me HE won't mention JJP to anyone EVER!  :lol

Offline 4_amusement_only

• Forum Posts:
If he asks me about JJP, I will say Who ? ..never heard of them...that will make him happier/less defensive to answer lots of cool questions.lol

Good point Michael, throughout Gary's 2012 expo speech, he didn't mention them once; speech went for 45mins +
Don't blame him either, it's better to not even bring a competitor in for discussion.

He did however place a hefty bid with Joe Kaminkow for a signed WOZLE backglass which proceeds went to charity.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
So next week at the Pinball Synposium, I should walk up, hand extended and say to Gary Stern, "Hello, please to meet you Jack, I wanted to talk to you about your new Wizard of OZ Pinball" with a serious face wearing a JJP shirt.....and wait for his reaction....

Might get a few hits on youtube.....(or a few right hooks from Gary).  %.%

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Freiherr

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
Ha,ha,ha.
Just get one thing straight, you do not meet Gary with a serious face, rather a stern face.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline Cursed

• Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania

Good point Michael, throughout Gary's 2012 expo speech, he didn't mention them once; speech went for 45mins +
Don't blame him either, it's better to not even bring a competitor in for discussion.

He did however place a hefty bid with Joe Kaminkow for a signed WOZLE backglass which proceeds went to charity.

Yeah i certainly don't blame him for not bringing them up, nice gesture on the auction though.  *%*

Don't suppose you have had a chance to dust off your Stargate yet have you Chris?  && %$% !@)

Ha,ha,ha.
Just get one thing straight, you do not meet Gary with a serious face, rather a stern face.

Champagne comedy right there..... @@* @@* @@*

Offline 4_amusement_only

• Forum Posts:
Not yet, but when I get it up n running I'll give you a buzz mate ^^^

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
 $.$
Ha,ha,ha.

*)*

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
I would have thought it eminently sensible to keep paid-up-front customers well informed as to the progress of the machine.

Very poor form considering how easy it is to keep everyone up to date with progress. Even more so with it being their first release. Not the best way to keep paying customers happy. Time will tell if it was worth the wait.

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
 <..>
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 06:55:12 AM by Olivia_jason »