Author Topic: Surfers Timezone Swipe System  (Read 1617 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Surfers Timezone Swipe System
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2013, 06:17:40 PM »
FEEDBACK on faults the Avengers Pro at Timezone has developed after massive amounts of games, being 800 to 1200 games a day for about 6 or 8 weeks during school holidays....

Who tells you this info, Brett ?

If a game takes 5 minutes to complete X 1200 games per day that's 6000 minutes.. That's 100 hours worth of play in 24 hours (continuous) ?

Maybe 1200 plays over a month.. but 1200 a day is in fact - impossible.

I went into the machines diagnostics with the onsite technician....also reread the post above, which I have reprinted again.

Either the diagnostics were misread or they are faulty... it is impossible to have that many plays on a game in one day... basic maths rules this out

Wrong....u need to spend 4 hours down at Timezone like I have 5 or more times during the school holidays.
My 3 x pinball machines got 500 plays each down at the AFL stadium at Carrara a few months ago, and it was done quite easily with the games being used only half the time that Timezone uses their pinnys.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2013, 07:00:31 PM »
Everytime I go to Timezone Surfers there are bugger all people playing the pins, school holidays or otherwise.
I have never had to wait for a game, have never seen people lining up to play them and have spent countless hours in there enjoying the pins pretty much all to myself.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2013, 07:07:35 PM »
Everytime I go to Timezone Surfers there are bugger all people playing the pins, school holidays or otherwise.
I have never had to wait for a game, have never seen people lining up to play them and have spent countless hours in there enjoying the pins pretty much all to myself.

Its been that way for me as well most of the time, but this school holidays was the busiest I have ever seen the place in 10 years, it was absolutely packed.
Thats one of the reasons I had to go back on 5 seperate occassions to play the Avengers Pro cause I couldnt get a game there were so many people lined up for a game on all the pinnys they have put all together for the first time in a long time over near the air hockey tables.

One of the best things about so many people playing them, was that I even got to watch quite a few younger ladys playing the games...and also, Tron always seemed to be the ladys first choice....interesting...

I went down again this arvo for a few houirs, it was absolutely chok o block again....I cant wait for school holidays to finish then I will be able to hear the games properly.

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2013, 07:13:43 PM »
FEEDBACK on faults the Avengers Pro at Timezone has developed after massive amounts of games, being 800 to 1200 games a day for about 6 or 8 weeks during school holidays....

Who tells you this info, Brett ?

If a game takes 5 minutes to complete X 1200 games per day that's 6000 minutes.. That's 100 hours worth of play in 24 hours (continuous) ?

Maybe 1200 plays over a month.. but 1200 a day is in fact - impossible.

I went into the machines diagnostics with the onsite technician....also reread the post above, which I have reprinted again.

Either the diagnostics were misread or they are faulty... it is impossible to have that many plays on a game in one day... basic maths rules this out

Basic maths answer this question. Nothing can change that.

1200 Games in 15 hours = 80 games per hour which is one full three ball game every 45 seconds
800 Games in 15 hours = 53 games per hour which is one full three ball game every 1.125 minutes

I've never played this game, but I just watched a youtube video ;

It took 11 seconds from the launch of the ball to the flipper on the first ball and 14 seconds on the second. I didn't watch the third ball, so I'll average that out to 12 seconds. So there's 37 seconds of inactivity per game.

If the operator is fair an honest, he would have "ball save" switched on for novice players. Even if he didn't, and using the video of the game as a guide, if there was 1200 games a day, then the time for each game is 45-37 seconds = 8 seconds per game. That is impossible. If there was 800 games a day, then the time for each game is 67-37 seconds = 30 seconds per game. That is impossible.

Just the simple fact of the animations between balls, the reset time and the match animation rule out any possibility of 800-1200 games per day. Gavin is right, the game either has a major problem, or the diagnostics was read incorrectly. Common sense prevails.

I wonder how Stern would feel knowing they have a sited game that has an average game time of between 8 - 30 seconds  &^&

That's a major indictment.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2013, 07:19:17 PM »
Did u not read the part which talks about the card swipes per day ? and about actual games versus card swipes....its very clear....it talks about card swipes versus actual games. I think I have posted that a number of times now......You are best to reread the posts and look for the card swipes post...

here it is again....I think I have posted this about 4 times now, but it seems people arent reading it correctly.

.......So whilst it doesnt have a physical 1200 games on it, it still gets 1200 card swipes which equals the 1200 x $1.50 per game, per day. Also, if u swipe the card a few times, it starts a 2 player or 3 player game which also builds the game count to the 1200 per day on average.   Probably is half that perhaps ? during non school holiday times.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 07:23:46 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2013, 07:53:17 PM »
Did u not read the part which talks about the card swipes per day ? and about actual games versus card swipes....its very clear....it talks about card swipes versus actual games. I think I have posted that a number of times now......You are best to reread the posts and look for the card swipes post...

here it is again....I think I have posted this about 4 times now, but it seems people arent reading it correctly.

.......So whilst it doesnt have a physical 1200 games on it, it still gets 1200 card swipes which equals the 1200 x $1.50 per game, per day. Also, if u swipe the card a few times, it starts a 2 player or 3 player game which also builds the game count to the 1200 per day on average.   Probably is half that perhaps ? during non school holiday times.

Yes I did - and I quoted you BEFORE you went back and EDITED your post to suit your argument. Either way, it is mathematically impossible.

On Reply #613, where I quoted your comments BEFORE you went back and changed it to suit your "cardswipe" excuse, you CLEARLY wrote -

"FEEDBACK on faults the Avengers Pro at Timezone has developed after massive amounts of games, being 800 to 1200 games a day for about 6 or 8 weeks during school holidays...."

You have then gone BACK to your original post #612 and CHANGED it to ".. being 800 to 1200 games/swipes a day.."

So I am to believe that NOW, kids are walking around with cards and swiping CREDITS on the machine for fun ? These are not games played, they are games TO BE PLAYED. And if it was true, then kids are starting 4 player games that STILL average at 45 second per game, but if they are just "swiping" then they have effectively "walked off" and left the game IDLE for minutes on end ?

Groundhog Day indeed !

The machine obviously has a problem.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2013, 07:56:22 PM »
So, after 800 to 1200 games/swipes a day, and 8 million people abusing this Avengers Pro, it only has 3 faults

Make that 4 faults.... internal diagnostics.

8 million people???

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2013, 08:05:50 PM »

Yes I did - and I quoted you BEFORE you went back and EDITED your post to suit your argument. Either way, it is mathematically impossible.

On Reply #613, where I quoted your comments BEFORE you went back and changed it to suit your "cardswipe" excuse, you CLEARLY wrote -

"FEEDBACK on faults the Avengers Pro at Timezone has developed after massive amounts of games, being 800 to 1200 games a day for about 6 or 8 weeks during school holidays...."

You have then gone BACK to your original post #612 and CHANGED it to ".. being 800 to 1200 games/swipes a day.."

So I am to believe that NOW, kids are walking around with cards and swiping CREDITS on the machine for fun ? These are not games played, they are games TO BE PLAYED. And if it was true, then kids are starting 4 player games that STILL average at 45 second per game, but if they are just "swiping" then they have effectively "walked off" and left the game IDLE for minutes on end ?

Groundhog Day indeed !

....the cardswipe post was done days ago. Days ago.
So did u still not read the first cardswip post which i highlighted in green originally.
I added the word swipe to the much later post so people dont get confused.

It still doesnt change the fact that i made it very clear that the swipes were 1200 a day, not games.
Again, the cardswipe post was done days ago....hence, groundhog day is still correct IMO.

Also, I have been to this place numerous times, and I know what i have seen, so i find it interesting that people are telling me I am wrong when they havent even been there and seen the Avengers machine like I have. It is 1200 swipes and apx 800 plus games a day and I dont care what anyone says. What I find really annoying, is why people want to question me when they havent been there these school holidays, rather than focusing on the thread as a whole and moving on. Why do people start debates over minute things which are someone elses opinion. It just seems a waste to me, espescially when things have been rehighlighted in green numerous times..

Go there yourself, then tell me I am wrong, but its hard to swallow when people tell me I am wrong when I have been there and seen the numbers myself.

***I dont mind if u tell me I have it wrong in as many words, as long as u dont mind me dis-agreeing back everytime and defending my position.  
But why does it even get to that level of nit-picking over the wording of a post is beyond me....

I mentioned 8 million people as a general term, and what, someone wants to take that literally. That is silly.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 08:35:00 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2013, 08:07:27 PM »
Probably best people focus on the Avengers thread, and not another spanish inquisition of my posts and the wording.

Seems to be an absolute waste to me.
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Moving on if we can >>>>>>>>>

Has anyone printed out the Avengers Pro Flyer or the Avengers LE Flyer yet from the Stern website.

I did and got a commercial printer to do a larger version being a small poster size. They look excellent. If u want a few for your gamesroom, then here are the links.

http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/Games/avengers/AvengersPro-Flyer-1212-01a.pdf

and

http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/Games/avengers/AvengersLE-Flyer-1212-01a.pdf

« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 09:02:27 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2013, 09:23:04 PM »

Groundhog Day indeed !

....the cardswipe post was done days ago. Days ago.
So did u still not read the first cardswip post which i highlighted in green originally.
I added the word swipe to the much later post so people dont get confused.

It still doesnt change the fact that i made it very clear that the swipes were 1200 a day, not games.
Again, the cardswipe post was done days ago....hence, groundhog day is still correct IMO.

Also, I have been to this place numerous times, and I know what i have seen, so i find it interesting that people are telling me I am wrong when they havent even been there and seen the Avengers machine like I have. It is 1200 swipes and apx 800 plus games a day and I dont care what anyone says. What I find really annoying, is why people want to question me when they havent been there these school holidays, rather than focusing on the thread as a whole and moving on. Why do people start debates over minute things which are someone elses opinion. It just seems a waste to me, espescially when things have been rehighlighted in green numerous times..

Go there yourself, then tell me I am wrong, but its hard to swallow when people tell me I am wrong when I have been there and seen the numbers myself.

***I dont mind if u tell me I have it wrong in as many words, as long as u dont mind me dis-agreeing back everytime and defending my position.  
But why does it even get to that level of nit-picking over the wording of a post is beyond me....

I mentioned 8 million people as a general term, and what, someone wants to take that literally. That is silly.

Because they are not minute things... they are statements you make as  fact to suit an agenda. If you are going to make such large statements then expect to be pulled up on them. I dont want to go on here and read exaggerated posts simply because you want us to believe that the latest Stern or the last Stern is the best thing since sliced bread. We all have brains.. dont treat us otherwise.
Even with 1200 card swipes per day.. there would be an awful amount of credits on that machine and yet despite this, the next punter swipes again.. by time you got on the machine there would have been multiple credits yes? That is unless the operator is turning the machine off every now and again to wipe all record of them.. in which case as ive said before.. the card swipe system is money for old rope and an operators dream.
Im not hounding you.. but at the same time i cannot allow such exaggerations go without comment.
Days ago  you say?? yes it was and its still current on the thread because you originally did post 1200 games per day average and i replied with simple maths to demonstrate how this is not possible.
So.. 1200 card swipes... how many free games paid by the hourds of kids did you get then?

And yes... moving sideways... anyone seen the flyer?? What about those puppies over there?

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2013, 09:37:18 PM »
 :lol this thread is great  ^^^

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2013, 09:43:39 PM »
Gavin,

puppies, just another really stupid irrelevant silly little comment. You just keep doing it. U dont get the message, u think people want to read your antagonistic posts, no they want to read Avengers, so yes to the flyers, and no to your rubbish.

An agenda, yeh right. The agenda is supposed to be fun and informative pinball posts, not the spanish inquisition cause u want to put me down on every post.  

Oh yes, and since u know everything, when u swipe the card, it erases any credits.  #*# thats why the place makes soo much money during the holidays cause credits from someone elses card dont continue over.

Do yaself and me a favour, stop the backstabbing since u obviously have a issue, and dont address me or my posts. Are u going to move on, or just keep the backstabbing going.

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2013, 09:51:50 PM »
Gavin,

puppies, just another really stupid irrelevant silly little comment. You just keep doing it. U dont get the message, u think people want to read your antagonistic posts, no they want to read Avengers, so yes to the flyers, and no to your rubbish.

An agenda, yeh right. The agenda is supposed to be fun and informative pinball posts, not the spanish inquisition cause u want to put me down on every post.  

Oh yes, and since u know everything, when u swipe the card, it erases any credits.  #*# thats why the place makes soo much money during the holidays cause credits from someone elses card dont continue over.

Do yaself and me a favour, stop the backstabbing since u obviously have a issue, and dont address me or my posts. Are u going to move on, or just keep the backstabbing going.

Impossible not to address your posts.. yourself, yes...posts no as i will post on any thread i see fit.
OK... so after you getting upset and us asking you questions you dont like... the truth is that the card wipe system is an operators dream as it clears all previous swipes.

Why you couldnt have said that before is beyond me.

So the truth to your post is that Avengers has faults after a number of games that can never be determined with the information you have... not quite what you were saying though is it?
Agenda?
Im sure all members already know

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2013, 10:05:03 PM »
Perhaps u shld ask me questions rather than bagging my posts which u seem to continually do of late......it just seems sooooo negative and totally unneccessary.....why not ask a simple question in a friendly way rather than trying to belittle my posts.....

I have no agenda but to be positive with everything I try n post...I am not perfect, but I try to make this place fun until I feel I am being singled out cause someone wants to have a go at me to make themself look good infront of others.

Perhaps we can finally move on to the Avengers Flyers, which is what I tried doing ages ago for the sake of keeping the place fun n positive.....

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2013, 10:23:28 PM »
LOl- im not bagging your posts ( i take it im allowed to post seeing as you addressed me personally?). What i am doing is questioning the large discrepancies that are within them to which you continually defend as factual even though they are seriously flawed. There is no statement to be made whatsoever about the longevity of Stern games in a home environment with your information. If you wish to make such claims then make them factual and i will accept them... turn spin doctor and i will question it every time

Ill do you deal... you dont post crap and ill not question it.. how about that?

Its all good fun Brett.. puppies and all.

Now then... how about that flyer?