Author Topic: Surfers Timezone Swipe System  (Read 1616 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: Surfers Timezone Swipe System
« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2013, 06:50:46 PM »
it appears that time zone varies as Charlestown is $20 for $30 credit ??? with pinball games valued at $2.15 each for a 3 ball game so about 13 games.

more confusion
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #76 on: January 24, 2013, 06:54:50 PM »
20 games for $30 if u spend the minimum of $30. Otherwise the std price is $1.50 per game

20 games for $30 IS the standard price as each equates to $1.50 a game

Offline dendoc

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #77 on: January 24, 2013, 08:13:01 PM »
Small girl = no big queue

I scared everyone elso off with my drool...................

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2013, 01:09:15 AM »
Surfers has a deal for $30 which is 20 games which does equate to $1.50 a game, but they do also have a deal which is $20 and u get 30 games but the girl told me it is time limited. They often have different deals depending on the season and various specials.
The whole payment system there is confusing because u can buy a whack of different timed and untimed cards.

There would have been alot less people there at 4.30 in the afternoon because its the end of the school holidays basically. Go back a week when i was there for 4 or so days in a row at lunchtime and it was the busiest it ever was.

When I was in the Avengers Pro diagnostics with the tech guy, it said 1200 at $1.50. Thats what I based my initial findings on, but someone else said it shows $1.50 when u swipe which is correct etc, but it is also correct that if someone has a 2 hour unlimited card, then pro-rata it is going to be less money depending on how many games u really play etc, but the pinball machine can only calculate its revenue obviously on one fixed amount which is why the diagnostics showed $1.50 a game etc....obviously its impossible to work out exactly what the game is really bringing in cause people use all different cards when they play the thing.

Either way, the games get flogged to death using fixed cards, or unlimited cards for both one player, or multiple player games.
If it had one type of paying card only, it would be easy to work out how much it takes in, but the system has too many variables.
The only sure thing about a Timezone pinny is that they would be the highest mileage pinnys on the planet based on daily usage for sure.
I said it before, if a Stern can last really well in this environment, it will last forever in a home environment with reasonable servicing.

What do people like the most to play when at Surfers ? acdc or avengers or tron or transformers, and they have all had a recent service (except avengers which is now in need).lol
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 01:10:57 AM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Replay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2013, 09:12:34 PM »
there is a special for pinball only and it is 20$ for 30 games

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #80 on: January 25, 2013, 09:38:12 PM »
The funny thing about this thread is that TZ Surfers seems to be getting heaps on online exposure  :D
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #81 on: January 25, 2013, 10:58:00 PM »
I can't walk in - put a coin in and play a game - so guess what - I won't..........I'm not interested in some slimy "deal" that nobody here can even work out.......
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals