Author Topic: LED lamps- whats the go  (Read 1086 times)

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re: LED lamps- whats the go
« on: January 18, 2009, 11:52:06 AM »
Excuse my ignorance , but after seeing some more pics of pins with LED kits I am getting interested in this, but no little about it. I have read another thread that says blue looks great and I was thinking of doing something with WH20.

I am assuming that you buy the globe to match the colour of your insert?
What about GI lighting - White LED's or can you / should you do a 'colour thing' in place of the white bulbs ?
They just plug in like normal globes ?
They operate on the normal circuit , no need for any other adjustments anywhere, fuses etc?
Just plug and play - right ?

What did you have for breakfast this morning, what colour undie you wearing  <.>

Thankyou in advance

Hi Wotto,

Generally when I put in any order from RTBB - Greg is automatically reaching to the LED stocks!

Basically yes, most pinball insert colours are available.  I've made my own kits (only for T2, 1/2 done for LAH) from RTBB.  Basically I just got what ever the insert colour was.  Clear inserts - with a white LED are awesome.  Greens / blues are fantastic.  The reds don't seem to have as much 'pop' to them.  In the LAH, rather than go a red LED, I put a white LED in and it was a little brighter.

G.I - Not yet.  I think LED's are too bright for playfield G.I.  There a diffused ones available, but until they hit the shores I have not used them.  I've put some white onces in the G.I lighting behind the translite, mixed with normal globes to highlight arnie etc..Looks great.  I did the same on my Police Force - just were the police lights on translite are (blue) I put blue led's in.  Heaps better...

They operate 100% normally.  NO mods requried at all.  Less heat and last for a very very long time.  Of all the ones I've bought, only 1 DOA.
Just plug and awe!  - although with the 555 globes - on the plastic base of the globe - there are the two wire contacts.  Sometimes you need to give these a tweak out (just bend slightly to outside edge of globe) - only a tiny bit, just to make better contact.

-Toast and blue.