Author Topic: SCHOCK !!!!  (Read 178 times)

Offline PinPal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Sydney, Australia
  • Pinpal Pinball
SCHOCK !!!!
« on: February 22, 2012, 10:31:28 AM »
Just a word of warning when working on your pinball machines folks, Just so I can accommodate a new game I had to move my Williams Flash into another room. After I set him up I put  the plug in the power outlet so I could doo a power test. Before I switched the game on I put my hand inside the coin door to remove sum screws on the cab floor and my wrist touched the top of the power switch to the cab and i got zapped  ^&(    !*!   I didn't see this had no insulation over the lugs. I was lucky  that my house has trip switches on the fuse box... That will teach me  @.@

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
Re: SCHOCK !!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 01:12:11 PM »
Ouch !  Glad your OK .. its sooo easy for things like that to happen
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline ralph67

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Stoneville
    • ralph1967@optusnet.com.au
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 07:33:58 PM »
Just a word of warning when working on your pinball machines folks, Just so I can accommodate a new game I had to move my Williams Flash into another room. After I set him up I put  the plug in the power outlet so I could doo a power test. Before I switched the game on I put my hand inside the coin door to remove sum screws on the cab floor and my wrist touched the top of the power switch to the cab and i got zapped  ^&(    !*!   I didn't see this had no insulation over the lugs. I was lucky  that my house has trip switches on the fuse box... That will teach me  @.@
Thats why they called it FLASH!!! ^&( Ive had a few tickles also. And the older EM's have High Voltage  on the reset coils(The big Suckers!) under playfield even when the game is switched off underneath. So turn off at wall switch or unplug when working on EM's
One-Ball!

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 08:33:32 PM »
Thats why they called it FLASH!!! ^&( Ive had a few tickles also. And the older EM's have High Voltage  on the reset coils(The big Suckers!) under playfield even when the game is switched off underneath. So turn off at wall switch or unplug when working on EM's
Gottlieb's have a cap over the switch, looks like a good idea.