Author Topic: The adventure of your first pinball purchase.  (Read 6048 times)

Offline Jango

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: The adventure of your first pinball purchase.
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2011, 03:13:04 PM »
I bought my 1st pin early last year.  My kids are mad Mario Bros fans and I wanted a Mario pin but the large blue ones were not really around at the time in great condition.  I ended up buying the small yellow Mushroom World pin.  It was in not bad condition and I had it serviced etc but it was just such a boring pin to play with such a tiny playfield.  For my 2nd pin, I was then referred by a forum member to a guy who was selling a Super Mario Bros pin in superb condition.  After inspecting it I bought it on the spot.  I have done quite allot of work on it (Leds, Cliffy posts and protectors, fully cleaned upside and underside etc ).  Then I sold the yellow Mushroom World for a fantastic price.  In June this year I purchased the 1st of 2 x Bally Space Invaders Machines after not seeing one in over 20 years.  It was a favourite from when I was a kid at school.  I am cleaning both up now and almost finished semi restoring these. In early January, I should be taking delivery of my fully restored T2 that Tim is doing for me from Pinball Tales (Hot Rodded Pins).  The progress thus far is just out of this world!!.  I just cannot believe that this pin is / was 20 years old.  Again the T2 is a machine I have not played in 20 years when I was a kid.  I have not had any bad experiences at all and have had a tonne of assistance from this site and members from this site.  Its a fantastic resource.