Author Topic: WTB - Williams system 6/7 flipper mechanisms  (Read 139 times)

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
WTB - Williams system 6/7 flipper mechanisms
« on: October 23, 2009, 09:58:05 AM »
Anyone got a pair of full flipper mechanisms for sale?
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: WTB - Williams system 6/7 flipper mechanisms
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 10:14:23 AM »

Better off buying a rebuild kit, Nick. Second hand mechanisms are always rooted.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 10:46:23 AM »
I know, but need the base plates as well, so figured I'd see what was around.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Private Gimp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Mackay, Queensland
  • Fix'n and play'n Pinball
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 03:56:55 PM »
I'm doing up a Black Knight that has Gottlieb Flipper mechs and bats in it. Was done because of the hard-to-get Sys7 flipper units and the unreplaceable coils stops
Iam looking for whole Williams Sys7 flipper units too.

I understand that you can fit other later model Sys 11/WPC Williams Mechs in it. I have a High Speed parts playfield that Iam considering raping for the mechs but it only has 3 not the 4 baseplates that I need.
Does anybody know if the high speed flipper mech baseplates are the same as WPC? They all look similar to me but could have suttle differences.
If so, then I'll take the base plates of HighSpeed, put them in BK, purchase another baseplate and get Sys11 flipper rebuild kits.

Other than that, I could just get WPC base plates and rebuild kits and there is a seller in the US (Pinball Life I think??) selling brand new complete Sys7 flipper units with the coils and bats for $35.00US each (Shipping extra) PL also has complete WPC flipper units also.

What do you guys think is the best course of action?
Appreciate any response.

Regards, Cliff

Offline johnwartjr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Columbus, Indiana USA
  • It's ALIVEEEEEE!
    • My Home Gameroom . com
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 06:40:24 PM »
The pinball life kits are top notch, bolt in, plug and play replacement with all new correct parts.

For a personal collection keeper game, or one for a discriminating customer who wants everything crisp, fresh and new, there's no other way to go about it.

Once you pick up the parts to build a set up from good used parts, you're going to spend nearly as much, and it's not going to be plug and play.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2009, 07:12:38 PM »
Mine has the Gottlieb Franken-repair too. I am aware of the Pinball Life sets, and thought I'd see what was around before grabbing them, which looks like the course I'll take now that some other bits have turned up, making this a "keeper".