Author Topic: New Posts  (Read 8120 times)

Offline felixthadog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re: New Posts
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2008, 05:10:17 PM »
This issue is fast becoming the bain of my life  !*!

I will see if a bug has been reported on the SMF forums and if there is a fix for it. I assumed it was OK since the last time I looked at it but obviously not.

Sorry Creech, don't mean to hassle you, just thought I would let you know that I was still experiencing the problem. If it can't be fixed, shit happens  %$%

Matthew

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2008, 05:48:16 PM »
Nah it's all good. I want the forum to work the way members expect it to. It's not good that your losing posts and I will try to rectify it.

Thanks for highlighting it.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2008, 07:52:32 PM »

It is so "random".. I have not had this issue for at least two weeks..

But it has happened before..
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline felixthadog

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2008, 07:57:18 PM »

It happens every time I get more than 3 or 4 new messages in the Unread posts list  @.@

Matthew

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2008, 08:15:21 PM »

It happens every time I get more than 3 or 4 new messages in the Unread posts list  @.@

Matthew

Mate - you can be our official "tester" !

We did try a software update a few weeks ago, but it did not go ahead.

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline felixthadog

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2008, 08:20:03 PM »

Matthew

Mate - you can be our official "tester" !

We did try a software update a few weeks ago, but it did not go ahead.

Funnily enough, that is what I do for a living  :lol

Matthew

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2008, 09:00:16 AM »
Try again now. I have reset all session counters in the database and repaired some tables that had errors, as per the instructions given to me by the SMF discussion forum.

Please let me know if you get the problem again.

Offline felixthadog

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #67 on: December 12, 2008, 09:28:26 AM »
Try again now. I have reset all session counters in the database and repaired some tables that had errors, as per the instructions given to me by the SMF discussion forum.

Still not working for me  !!! Each time I click the Unread posts link, it shows me 2 less posts than what was there before (e.g. 9 in the list, select a post, click Unread posts link, now 7 in the list).

Matthew

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #68 on: December 12, 2008, 10:30:39 AM »
OK - back to the drawing board. I will devote some time to this on the weekend.

Offline coolspot

• Forum Posts:
  • traralgon vic
« Reply #69 on: December 12, 2008, 05:59:53 PM »
no problems for me mybe its just the internet your using or the type of computer you have

Offline Nug

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
  • NPC non-factory CEO
    • Coconut Island
« Reply #70 on: December 12, 2008, 06:28:15 PM »
Let me know if it fails again. There is another option but it's not the nicest. It means you will have to logon each time you visit the site. I hope we don't have to go down that path.

The 'Show unread posts since last visit' link is not working properly for me, I have missed a lot of new posts in various sections on the forum even though the Unread posts link is showing no new messages. I am using IE6 at work and IE7 at home and it is failing on both. I have to go through each section to locate the new posts  @.@

I have also noticed that some of the Unread posts are disappearing from the list after I have viewed a single post. For example, if I click the Unread posts link to see the message list, I might see 10 new messages. If I select one of the messages, then click the Unread posts link again, the list will now show 8 new messages instead of 9. Is this a bug in IE or with the link itself?  #$#

Matthew

hey i dont know shit about this sorta stuff but when i go unread posts and you click on the thread there are 2 posts and as such ive viewed them both(but miss one cause of where it goes 2 on the thread...i konw this doesnt make sense !!)
 *.*
oh my mistake.. you are wrong !

Offline felixthadog

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #71 on: December 12, 2008, 07:52:09 PM »
Let me know if it fails again. There is another option but it's not the nicest. It means you will have to logon each time you visit the site. I hope we don't have to go down that path.

The 'Show unread posts since last visit' link is not working properly for me, I have missed a lot of new posts in various sections on the forum even though the Unread posts link is showing no new messages. I am using IE6 at work and IE7 at home and it is failing on both. I have to go through each section to locate the new posts  @.@

I have also noticed that some of the Unread posts are disappearing from the list after I have viewed a single post. For example, if I click the Unread posts link to see the message list, I might see 10 new messages. If I select one of the messages, then click the Unread posts link again, the list will now show 8 new messages instead of 9. Is this a bug in IE or with the link itself?  #$#

Matthew

hey i dont know shit about this sorta stuff but when i go unread posts and you click on the thread there are 2 posts and as such ive viewed them both(but miss one cause of where it goes 2 on the thread...i konw this doesnt make sense !!)
 *.*

That makes sense Nug, but that is not the case for me. The posts are definitely different, there are unique threads in the list but for some reason when I press the Unread posts link some of the posts in the list have disappeared. I have noticed that if I go in to the section where the "disappeared" post was created, it doesn't show up with a <new> icon next to it?

Matthew

P.S. I've also noticed that the "Unsure" smiley has disappeared, I'm lost without it!

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #72 on: December 12, 2008, 11:10:18 PM »
Here it is !@#

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #73 on: December 14, 2008, 01:34:59 AM »

Still not working for me  !!! Each time I click the Unread posts link, it shows me 2 less posts than what was there before (e.g. 9 in the list, select a post, click Unread posts link, now 7 in the list).

Matthew

Hi Matthew. Can you please test this out again? I made a change to the cached session settings so that it doesn't use database driven sessions anymore.

Offline felixthadog

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #74 on: December 14, 2008, 08:42:13 PM »

Matthew

Hi Matthew. Can you please test this out again? I made a change to the cached session settings so that it doesn't use database driven sessions anymore.

Looking good so far Creech, I'll test it out some more over the next few days and let you know the results.

Cheers,
Matthew