Author Topic: Pacific Pinball Expo - Let the fun begin.....  (Read 3647 times)

Offline tonyt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Re: Pacific Pinball Expo - Let the fun begin.....
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2011, 10:02:43 PM »
We were both completely blown away by what we saw today and the fantastic hospitality, trip was worth it just for this and this was only our first day.

Playing King Pin was very surreal for me. This is a game that I hope gets remade. Looking forward to speaking with Gene Cuningham at PPE to get the updates. Have thrashed playing this game on the emulator, but like all games, nothing beats playing them first hand.

I absolutely loved playing King Pin.

- Great theme - gangster (shows that non licensed themes could still work)
- Game has excellent flow and plays very fast
- Love Mark Ritchie games with his signature criss cross ramps like Diner and Fish Tales, great for setting up shots
- Excellent animation on the DMD and great sounds
- Excellent artwork IMO
- Ball lock is call, one of the ramps raises to reveal the hideout.
- Liked the various modes
- Sudden death is a very cool feature. During the game you build up time during certain features for this. There is a bar near the bottom of the playfield that shows how much time you are accumulating for sudden death. At the end of the game you get an extra ball to play and the time you get depends on how much time you have accumulated for sudden death. You score well for the various shots. As the sudden death bar gets lower you start to die and the flippers become weaker and weaker until they completely die

« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 12:43:51 PM by tonyt »