Author Topic: Baywatch pinball errors  (Read 370 times)

Offline symonz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Baywatch pinball errors
« on: December 02, 2014, 10:44:38 PM »
I have a BW that has a few issues, the board has heat burn marks and the trap door, drop bank, left/right slingshots and laser kick aren't working. Also, only 3 of the S-H-A-R-K lights remain on, even though all the switches are working   Do I have board issues and how do I analyse this?

Would appreciate any help in resolving/correcting these issues. Being a newbie to pinnes, my knowledge so far is limited to refurbishing flipper solenoids, bulbs to LED's, switch maintenance and basic play-field restoration

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the slingshot coil mechanisms look suspect as they would hit the playfield board if they worked. Pics of everything attached

Offline symonz

• Forum Posts:
Re: Baywatch pinball errors
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 10:51:55 PM »
Cant figure out how to append pics  !*!  so hoping someone can reply without requiring them. Thanks

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 08:28:04 AM »
In don't have a manual on me but with that many solo moods not working I'd say you have either a broken wire or a fuse which supplies power to all those solonoids.

If you have a multimeter set it to dc volts put the black probe under some earth brads and put the red on either side of each of them could and see if you have power to them!

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 09:16:38 AM »
Do you have the schematics / manual ?

As mentioned - could be as simple as a fuse (solenoid problem). To attach photos, click on the "additional options" below the text box  ^^^

%)% to Aussie Pinball !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline symonz

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2014, 11:48:50 PM »
Thanks for the help guys. I'll purchase a multimeter this week and check if there's power.
Have the manual now so will also try to understand where/which fuses relate to these items.
Will add pics if I can't work this out after trying the above.  Cheers!