Author Topic: Friendly reminder.....  (Read 203 times)

Offline Pinfan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Friendly reminder.....
« on: December 24, 2008, 01:50:36 PM »
As we come to Christmas i have a ritual in my home.

Pinball and smoke alarm batteries are replaced yearly, usually today.  #@#

Exactly one year to date i replaced 3 Duracell batteries into my BH. Well today that day has come again to replace the batteries and this is what i found...  ^.^

I would like to remind everyone to keep constant check on their back up batteries in their beloved pins ! Duracell,Energiser, the best batteries in the world, it still CAN happen !

Merry Christmas to all..  $!&  $!&

« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 01:53:13 PM by Pinfan »
Some people have big HEADS !

Offline silverball

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Friendly reminder.....
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 02:05:18 PM »
Good advice, also check that the correct rated fuses are installed if you havent already done that yet. *)*

Offline Pinfan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 02:57:25 PM »
Been done on the BH mate...  :D
Some people have big HEADS !

Offline Pinball Fixers

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Montrose, VIC
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 12:04:29 PM »
I've found Duracell batteries to be junk!

I've had quite a few of them over the last few years drop their voltage within weeks or months, and leak within a year (like yours have).

So now I avoid them, and even advise people NOT to use them. I haven't had any problems with other brands as yet... unless they have been in the machine for 5 or so years.

I've also found that the 9V Duracell batteries in my smoke detectors do not last either. Another strike for them in my book.

One thing I do tell people is when you change your clocks, change your smoke detector batteries, and change your pinball batteries... makes it easier to remember. So it will be in a few months here in Aus.