Author Topic: Pinball Expo.  (Read 983 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Pinball Expo.
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2009, 01:21:40 AM »
Without a shadow of a doubt - my main point of excitement with this forum is meeting all the guys that i chat to online - through this forum.

When it comes to talking pins, i cant get the words out fast enough. Made some bloody goods friends here, people ive never met, but trust without a second thought. I want to shake their hands, clink beer glasses ( hope the beers OK? not VB of XXX) and chew the cud with them. all those that ive had PM chats with or those that ive spoken to on the phone etc - cant wait to actually meet you all.

Hey! Only reason i got a stall is so you folks can find me!

On my stall, i will have a fully populated 65 bank A Ball PF - fully restored to FACTORY issue, new plastics ( no these are not available) caps etc to look at and scrutinise at close range, plus another PF that i will be starting a thread on shortly, maybe a couple of aprons that have total resprays on them. Possible BG restore video or powerpoint presentaion. Full size scans of ONE of the PFs BEFORE retore - this will be over a lightbox so you can really see what went into getting this done. Plus some games room signage - vacuum formed neon bumper caps ( starburst im thinking) Examples of cabinet stencils and the results.

Nothing for sale im afraid - just examples of work and a service offered.....oh ok - might chuck the neon bumper cap in the auction and donate proceedings

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2009, 07:28:36 AM »
In addition to the above -

Down the track it would be great if we could fly over a pinball designer from the States as a guest speaker. Imagine listening to them going through their stories about the industry and being able to pick their brains about why they set out a playfield in a particular way.

Sure it would be an expensive exercise but something I think could be achievable... I would imagine a large number of people would pay a 'premium ticket price' to listen to this speaker? 

Mark

That is on the cards if this first one is a success - there will be 2 very high profile designers at Expo 2

stuba

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2009, 09:24:44 AM »
meeting / hearing designers would be very cool. the closest most of us get is reading shaloubs interviews. meeting with other collectors/restorers is the main attraction for many.  #*#

Offline nickavitch

• Forum Posts:
  • Geelong Vic
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2009, 01:46:56 AM »
I'd like to see and play some older EM's, as I've had very little, if any, exposure to them.

Offline SPURR

• Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2009, 08:47:11 PM »
The worst thing about the expo to me is how fast time will fly

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2009, 10:27:42 PM »
meeting / hearing designers would be very cool. the closest most of us get is reading shaloubs interviews. meeting with other collectors/restorers is the main attraction for many.  #*#

Stu,

If there is an Expo2 (fingers crossed) as mentioned above there will be 2 HUGE names from the US coming over. Sorry I can't give any names but one of them I will be doing the 'Waynes World' we are not worthy to.......they were both designers

Offline jyebow

• Forum Posts:
  • Maitland, NSW
  • GTB Pioneer, Bally Hi-Lo Ace, WMS Space Shuttle,
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2009, 11:21:49 PM »
Expo 2 . It would be great to meet some of the designers.
It would of been awesome to meet Ed Krynski ( R.I.P.) who designed 2 of my 3 pins & over 200 other games.
Also a couple of great designers as well Wayne Neyens $%$ & Steve Kordek.
legends.
lets hope expo 1 is a great success & we may be able to attract legends in the industry such as these ,down under.
GTB Pioneer, Bally Hi-Lo Ace, WMS Space Shuttle, Data East Lethal Weapon 3

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2009, 12:52:16 AM »
Is Ward Pemberton still around?