Author Topic: To save money, you need to travel.  (Read 2376 times)

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Re: To save money, you need to travel.
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2013, 06:57:24 PM »
Simply answer, Australians don't care about each other. We don't do anything to change things, we just bend over day in day out. And I am one.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline rads

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2013, 08:34:57 PM »
I am happy to help those that need it.  I just despise the welfare mentality of do nothing, get paid.  Unfortunately, there are so many on some sort of government assistance that any governement of the day won't change things for fear of backlash from the great unwashed. Look at the response Howard got when he wanted to introduce work for the dole.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2013, 09:41:19 PM »
Then the hard workers pay 35 to 40 percent tax to support the longterm freeloaders

Whos on 30 - 40% tax??

Cut and paste ATO:

Individual income tax rates 

Residents
These rates apply to individuals who are Australian residents for tax purposes (see Residency - what you need to know for more information).

Tax rates 2012-13

The following rates for 2012-13 apply from 1 July 2012.

Taxable income
 Tax on this income

0 - $18,200
 Nil

$18,201 - $37,000
 19c for each $1 over $18,200

$37,001 - $80,000
 $3,572 plus 32.5c for each $1 over $37,000

$80,001 - $180,000
 $17,547 plus 37c for each $1 over $80,000

$180,001 and over
 $54,547 plus 45c for each $1 over $180,000

Youve got to be earning over $80K to get above 35% and thats only for each dollar over that amount

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2013, 10:40:41 PM »
Whos on 30 to 40 percent tax rates ?

Alot of people ! Many business owners.

The $0 to $18,000 zero tax rate has only just been implemented recently thanks to Juliar Gillard trying to buy extra votes from the unemployed n majority of people on welfare and low incomes. She just taxed the higher earners to pay for it and then played with the Superannuation rules. But thats not the point, we have one of the highest tax rates in the world. And we all know why, its because of the welfare free wage packet dole bludging system we have.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2013, 08:49:03 AM »

Inappropriate posts have been removed.

For the record, Retropin is correct -

Anyone paying 30% or more tax needs to be individually earning $300,000.00 to result in an overall total tax of a little over $100,000.00. This is because of the tiers.

A business owner with a spouse/partner and a structure that allows for a trust distribution, the income after expenses (ie profit in the hand) would have to be $600,000.00 to result in an overall tax rate of 30%. To be lumped with 40% tax overall, that example would need an income of $800,000.00.

We certainly have very high rates, but very, very few of us would be paying "30-40% tax".

“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2013, 03:44:21 PM »
It wasnt the point. It wasnt a debate of exact numbers to the tenth degree on the Australian tax code was it, by people who are not tax experts.
It wasnt a thread which needed the mathematical spanish inquisition. This type of scrutiny is just ridiculous. The fact that part of it, but infortunately, not the lot, has been deleted, shows it had no place on here, and rightly so.

Ask the average person off the street how much tax they pay, and I am sure with their opinions would generally be 30 - 40 percent when you take into consideration personal tax rate plus the 10 percent gst we pay on everything. I am sure you arent going to get the majority of people come up with a exact number like 27.2533 percent with a big list of whys and wherefors with a whole page of technical rubbish to go with it.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 03:46:50 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2013, 04:55:00 PM »
It wasnt the point. It wasnt a debate of exact numbers to the tenth degree on the Australian tax code was it, by people who are not tax experts.
It wasnt a thread which needed the mathematical spanish inquisition. This type of scrutiny is just ridiculous. The fact that part of it, but infortunately, not the lot, has been deleted, shows it had no place on here, and rightly so.

Ask the average person off the street how much tax they pay, and I am sure with their opinions would generally be 30 - 40 percent when you take into consideration personal tax rate plus the 10 percent gst we pay on everything. I am sure you arent going to get the majority of people come up with a exact number like 27.2533 percent with a big list of whys and wherefors with a whole page of technical rubbish to go with it.

Your point that has been removed is that you couldnt afford to get anywhere due to high 30 - 40% taxes you had to pay so bludgers can get everything given to them.
Actual point is that its just not the case.. no Spanish inquisition.. no malice... no picking fights.. no talking down to people.. fact is most people are taxed at 19% with a tax free threshold to start off with.. point is that - very simple facts.

If you have a point then state it.. if its valid then all well and good. No need to exaggerate to make a point, most of us are very grown up and can handle truths.. stick to those and all will be well

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2013, 05:06:16 PM »
yawn.  no thanks.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2013, 05:20:29 PM »

The fact that part of it, but infortunately, not the lot, has been deleted, shows it had no place on here, and rightly so.

Retropin's deleted posts were no less or no more without merit than the deleted posts by Caveoftreasures - exactly three posts by Retropin and three posts by Caveoftreasures (plus a couple of bystander comments) were deleted as they were not conducive to the smooth running of the forum. They were removed because none of those six posts were worth leaving.

“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2013, 10:19:53 PM »
I hear a lot of bitching about how things are cheaper or better else where but the simple fact is we let it happen. How many oranges do we sell into the US? How many Holdens on the road in South Korea? How much carbon tax does the normal Joe pay in China. Forget the old excuse about our wages. We take the easy option of pull it out of the ground, shear it off the backs of sheep etc etc and buy it back 100 fold as jumpers and so on. I know its not feasible but I'm for closing our borders and make everything ourselves. We got al the resources, all the right climate, no crap in the air or soil. I can fore go the latest tv  *%* but I know this is unrealistic and I failed economics at uni  @.@

I used to think there's a lot of freeloaders but go to the local soup kitchen and you may change your mind. I think the cheats are a minority and btw how many out there with decent jobs or businesses pay the full amount of tax or do we 'minimize' our liability? It would be easy for me to say that's cheating in a fair world

Finally how many gave back Mr Rudd's 'free' money? I didn't have the opportunity nor this carbon tax rebate thingy. I never got cash for kids nor should I have. But I think lots might have thought it wasn't a great thing but hey everyone else is getting it.

If we want to even up the worlds playing field we need to do something about it. But we won't and I'll be stuffed to know how to get things happening. Too many people here vote for teams labor/liberal, not the best party at the time. Too many I'm a worker and vote Labor regardless and I'm a business owner and I'm liberal. Keep that attitude and keep saving by buying OS until that's all we can do and then we'll start paying.....hmmm I remember when I could by petrol from independants but now I can save 4 on $1.5/lt from the 2-3 main players.

im rambling and sorry for that, just try to minimize the wage/welfare card to blame everything and maybe just blame ourselves
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 10:22:12 PM by pinball god »
Still loving my Metallica Premium