Author Topic: New cars and their extras ...  (Read 714 times)

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
Re: New cars and their extras ...
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2009, 09:21:57 PM »
Too right...I bought a new Hyundai i30 for my wife in January and was shocked at some of the extra and their prices.

Best was USB cable for her ipod for the car $89.....that part would of cost $0.50 to make  ^.^

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2009, 05:48:16 PM »
Hey ford,

Try a local towbar installation company in your area, see yellowpages, these should be far more competitve than the dealership. Dealerships tend to rip customers off with the extra add ons, way cheaper to tint windows etc rather than the dealership prices  ^&^
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2009, 05:09:51 PM »
Try a local towbar installation company in your area, see yellowpages, these should be far more competitve than the dealership. Dealerships tend to rip customers off with the extra add ons, way cheaper to tint windows etc rather than the dealership prices  ^&^

Thats exactly what i did when i bought my Camry station wagon five years ago. It ended up costing $300 all up to have the towbar fitted, and the trailer lights connector wired. I almost considered going to the toyota dealership first and getting one from them.. so glad i didnt now!!

Offline shansta

• Forum Posts:
  • Vic...
  • I want to migrate... To Qld...
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2009, 12:28:08 PM »
Congrats on the Toyo - nice buy!

Go the Hayman Reece hitch - as someone pointed out, they are the factory unit! (Try the wreckers - cars been out for a while)

The module would be to hook the trailer up to the cars wiring loom / or if you have bulb failure detection - It will go nuts with the extra load!

Shop around - my contact is in Vic which is of no use to you - sorry!

The 1200/1600kg jobs I would fit myself - the 2300kg+ units - some bolt up - some need a fair bit of modification to fit...

MARTY: I noticed you have a terri too! Will a machine fit in the back with the headbox folded down? (Or anybody else who has a territory?) Mines a 5 seater...

Why is it called PMS?
Because "Mad Cow Disease" was already taken...

Offline Ford Fairlane

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Yass
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2009, 11:49:35 AM »
thanks for the reply guys, it seems that you are absolutely right and that you can finf guys who will do it cheaper.. heres a quote i got

Hi,

The kluger only comes in a hitch style i.e.heavy duty --supplied fitted &
wire it is $520.
Fitting takes about 1.5 hrs

Thank you

Not a bad price i reckon  ^^^

Offline shansta

• Forum Posts:
  • Vic...
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2009, 12:56:25 PM »
Mate if my name was Shrek.

I would say "That'll do Donkey, that'll do...."  <.>

$520 is a good price IMO! Toyota don't mark up much do they?  :lol

Hitch style is the go - just remember to never leave it on when you park overnight.... (I LOVE Frankston......)
Why is it called PMS?

Offline GZ20TT

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2009, 02:29:30 PM »
It's not just Toyota though that overcharge on extras.

The last car I bought - a Subaru - the sales guy talked us through everything for the purchase, then they wheeled out the accesories chick.
Quite young, perfectly styled, shirt virtually open down to navel.
She looked disappointed as my wife was there with me.
I shudder to think what the bill would have been if I'd been alone.

Frankie

Offline AskJacob

• Forum Posts:
  • Normanhurst (Sydney)
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2009, 02:50:44 PM »

The last car I bought - a Subaru - the sales guy talked us through everything for the purchase, then they wheeled out the accesories chick.

Frankie

Same when I got my Subi. They must be included with the dealer franchise....

She tried selling me tint which will help "protect my valuable asset". Then she said I need an application of "UV Plastic protection" for the dash. She was perplexed when I asked "OK so which one does not work if you reckon I need both?"

I passed thanks, and got a metal tint elsewhere and said "bugger that" to the UV goop.

I was horrified at the price of the towbar, and held off for 5 years before I ended up getting a Hayman Reece fitted for ~$550.

A tip: spend a few extra $$ for the flat cable, so you can tuck it inside the car when not in use. It is a good idea if you don't use the towbar very often, the connector won't get full of crap/corrode.

Cheers
Jacob

Offline shansta

• Forum Posts:
  • Vic...
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2009, 01:05:50 AM »

Frankie

We used to have a blackwoods rep like that - place used to come to a standstill once a week...
Why is it called PMS?

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2009, 08:21:18 PM »
Go to a wrecker...they will have almost every towbar in stock and will sell n fit it at half the cost...i personally hire a trailer from kennards, pay $40 for 24hrs, sit machine flat on 3 old tyres, wrap machine in a white sheet to protect cabinet, then wrap machine in waterproof blue tarps x 2, then use ratchet straps to tie down .I have moved seven or 8 machines from nsw to qld, 9 hours worth of driving, and every pin has never had an issue, even in the worst rain....go the rental trailer !!!....or a cheap half price tow bar from the wreckers. !@#
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !