Author Topic: electricity bill  (Read 701 times)

Offline faza

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
Re: electricity bill
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2011, 10:39:18 PM »
Guys I have become a bit of a power nazi now kids showers in the morning are endangered

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2011, 10:57:19 PM »
I have started eating 20 kilograms of carrots a day so I can see in the dark.lol

My house would be perfect for vampires, ghosts and anything else that wants to live in total darkness. By the time Ju-liar Gillard and the Greens are done, our bills will be doubled by the next election.

Anyone for carrots.  @.@ @.@ %.% %.% %.%  ^&^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline roundball

• Forum Posts:
  • BNE - The only place to be.
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2011, 07:39:18 PM »
Will have to read this post with 2 eyes tomorrow Cavey.  My last bill was $1680.00, based on estimation it seems..  Not as if my pins are on 24/7.. 

Love to get some of that back.. 

Rule 1.
go out every friday night and take the meter readings in a cheap exercise book. Do this for say 12 weeks. U can then see the average weekly use u are really using.
Rule 2.
check the last bill and its readings. go out n look at your meters n see if the reading today is close to what they say the last reading was. (my mums bill said that the reading was 61,000 units, but when we looked at the meter, it was only on 21,000 units) * this is a fine example of meter and bill guestimating.
Rule 3.
ring around several electricity companies and find out their rates, but also the times they charge peak n offpeak for.
*An example of this, is that some companies wound the peak time back from 9am to 6am, and extended the peak time from 6pm to 9pm at night. So whilst the rates were good, they cheat you by moving the peak n offpeak times.
 Read your own meters weekly and dont put it off.

Cavey !  ^^^.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2011, 08:05:59 PM »
Caveys right.. box clever. I myself got a $1400 credit on my shops electricity bill due to outrageous estimations. The architect next door today received a $2500 credit... mind you the bastards stung him $8 to come and read the meter.

My shop is lit up like a beacon.. i have neon everywhere as well as high light output LED displays etc. I have 2 blowers that run constantly when im working... i have power factor capacitors across the 240V supply to reduce consumption.
My main piece of equipment is the neon bombarder... produces 20,000V @ 1A.. it requires a single phase 40A supply.
My lighting is on 24hrs 7 days a week  all year. My shop looks like one big fat power sucker.

My bills are $200 a quarter

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2011, 09:09:11 PM »
And I thought my $300 bill was getting high. I have over 120 halogen down lights and was worried. I'll have to keep a watch out as this was my first bill in the new house thanks for the heads up
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2011, 09:26:46 PM »
our shop bill per quarter was $3500 and gas is $3000 per quarter. crazy when we are such a  small shop. and we used less power but our power in qld has risen due to so called helping in environment fees, lol and our home was $560 and we would be lucky to spend 4 hours a day at home before bed, so yer prices have gone up and god help us after this bloody carbon tax.

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2011, 11:08:17 PM »
And I thought my $300 bill was getting high. I have over 120 halogen down lights and was worried. I'll have to keep a watch out as this was my first bill in the new house thanks for the heads up

Might have to swap over to the new LED downlights, those halogens really suck some power when you have a few on at once

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2011, 08:25:34 PM »

Might have to swap over to the new LED downlights, those halogens really suck some power when you have a few on at once
I thought the same. Whenever I turn on everything in my house and I look outside, I see the whole of c/springs area dim for a few seconds.  %.% %.%
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline pulstar

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2011, 11:03:52 PM »
If ya electricity bill is high and the wife blames the pinball machines for the big bill $, you can now defend yourself and your pinball machines knowing the price per hour to run them is bugger all.  laughing laughing  thumb thumb thumb

Thats good to know CaveOfTreasures... I would have thought they would have been quite hungry for power!

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2011, 02:02:42 AM »
yep, the pinball designers did a great job on making these machines run very economically to save site operators complaining about big extra electricity bills.

I was extremely surprised to see just how cheap it is per hour to run a DMD pinball machine. 4 to 6 cents per hour is very good i reckon.

I am assuming, that a SS or a EM would use less.

It would be good to see if someone out there who has a hand held smart meter like the ones we get in QLD can see what the SS or EM uses per hour.  !@#
I guess a DMD would use more than a SS or EM because of many more lights etc plus the addition of the DMD display.

**update** I just forgot that i bought a SS so i will test that machine and update the post in the next day or so with its exact cent per hour cost.  ^^^
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 02:05:25 AM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !