Author Topic: MY 2 YR OLD PINBALL MAN ! KIDS ARE SO GREAT !  (Read 318 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
MY 2 YR OLD PINBALL MAN ! KIDS ARE SO GREAT !
« on: September 24, 2011, 12:00:13 AM »
Kids are so great, and I am so proud of my 2 year old son for a few great reasons today. (a few photos added below)

Hunter is a little bright blonde haired , blue eyed champion who is like a little energiser bunny who never stops. He always plays pinball with daddy and loves Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Pinball the best.
 As soon as I say "Pinball" he runs up n pulls the shooter rod, waits for me to turn the machine on and knows how to hit the start button and hit the flippers both at once. Fun to watch for a proud dad !

Firstly, it was his first day today at the local day care centre. Mummy gave him a little haircut, dressed him in his best sporty outfit and away he went. He had a great day.

We then went to the local JB Hi-Fi shop. Hunter ran off down the kids DVD isle and was looking at the DVDs. Guess what he comes running back with ?
 The original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles DVD because the spine of the DVD has the exact same picture on it that the side of the pinball machine has ! I was blown away.
I thought that was just the best. Its not hard to guess what his favourite cartoon now is !

Does anyone have any great stories or photos of their kids playing pinball, or any funny stories about the kids getting involved with your pinballs ? Its the kids who will keep our collections going when we all get too old ! P.S - the DVD is like 280 minutes worth and was like $13.99. Great value I thought, and even fun for dads to watch !

A few pics below.
 Hunter asleep after a big day with his favourite Freddy doll. (he loves the freddy pinball too.
His favourite pinball machine as well and the DVD he found all by himself. Kids are just so great.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 12:03:08 AM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline wizo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Elanora
Re: MY 2 YR OLD PINBALL MAN ! KIDS ARE SO GREAT !
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 12:08:51 AM »
You have a lovely family mate! Well done!  ^^^

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 12:45:33 AM »
When mine were 2 and 3 they watched dad for a while, then when he took off to the shed they decided they'd begin their restoration careers. best thing about modern phones - most are crap for telephoning, but make very handy cameras!!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 01:07:55 AM »
My eldest is 5 1/2 now and is quite a good player, he always wants to play the "soccer pinball" (WSC94) with me when I get home from work.
It is great I have a couple of old photos of my boys playing, love the shot of one of the twins playing TZ with his arms spread wide :lol

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011, 03:17:15 AM »
Excellent photos guys.

KTM450, are your twin boys identical ? Believe it or not, I have a twin brother called Rob. He doesnt put his foot in his mouth as much as I seem to do. He used to be the crazy impulsive one and I was the sensible one. The last few years have seen a reverse of that, but he often kicks me in the ass these days and trys to settle my silly temper down.
It was very weird growing up as a twin, espescially being teased alot all thru my youth, but these days I wouldnt swap my twin brother for the world.
He loves my kids to death and would give anyone the shirt off his back. Hopefully your twin kids will grow up being the best of mates and always be there for each other.
(if they were older I could swap stories about twins n tricking girlfriends in their teens, but they look alittle young for those stories just yet.lol)

I love the photo of your kids Nick(Pinnies4me) helping out with the playfield duties. The world needs more female pinball techs.
And it looks like your young bloke KTM450 has a good eye for widebody quality machines playing the most famous Twilight Zone.

Cool pics, hope more members can find a few to throw on the thread.  ^^^ ^^^ ^^^

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Replicas

• Forum Posts:
  • North West England
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2011, 03:37:30 AM »
Great story and some great pictures of the kids playing machines.
Lets try to keep them interested as these little guys and gals are the future for pinball.
D.

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2011, 09:00:26 AM »
We had my young bloke's 6th birthday party not too long ago.  It was pelting down rain pretty much the whole day and we ended up with close to 20 kids in my garage.   ^&^

The machines saved me and kept the kids amused in between party games.  It was sad to see that the veast majority of these kids had never even layed eyes on a pinball machine before.  Kids being kids though, it didn't take them long to firgure it out after a few lessons from my kids.

This is my little pinball wizard back when he was 3.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 09:06:10 AM by Pintoxicated »
Addicted to pins.

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2011, 09:45:04 AM »

great pictures , well done

without kids getting involved  this industry will die

well done

Offline robm

• Forum Posts:
  • Townsville
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2011, 10:33:19 AM »
Great Thread,

Our young bloke is 14 months old and loves starting the games and playing with me - his favourite is TOM, although i moved the Judge Dredd in from the shed and he was keen to try the 'new' game out

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2011, 11:31:47 AM »

KTM450, are your twin boys identical ?

The twins are definately not identical, infact they are quite opposite, one has blonde hair and blue eyes, the other brown hair and brown eyes, one is quiet and gentle the other loud and rough.  Its funny how things like that happen.  Wouldn't change them for the world though  *.*

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2011, 07:51:12 PM »
Great post.
Here is my little 2yr old girl Kalarna (mop head) playing the creature, and then playing with the doll house furniture....
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline pulstar

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2011, 10:53:13 PM »
Yeh my little guy (2) loves playing pinball... if he could only reach the flipper buttons :). At the moment he has a spare playfield to play on... and loves feeding the money in the slot... thats his job. Picture is my spare Pinball Champ Playfield when it had just arrived.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2011, 02:14:55 AM »
Excellent photos guys. Kids are so cute at this age.  ^^^

My little 2 yr old bloke just reachs the flippers, then gets excited , then ALWAYS climbs on the playfield glass trying to go and catch the ball. I always worry he will crack the glass. He has developed a habit of throwing things at our big TV as well as throwing things at the backglass's of some machines.
(this is a worry and if he breaks the TV or a backglass it could cost me heaps) Hopefully his throwing skills dont get better or his aim might break something.  %.%