Author Topic: when computers die  (Read 418 times)

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: when computers die
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2012, 10:48:49 PM »
lol, lucky your removable hard drive wasnt plugged in, as i had to do all that to my computer and the hard drive, if you used any usb or hard drive whilest your computer is infected make sure you dont put it to another computer before scanning it.

hey if you are missing something on your computer like a pic, i had that happen, try right clicking randomly around the area of the desktop you think it was, you might get lucky and find its still just hidden, i found an item by chance i thought i lost, lol might be lucky
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 10:52:33 PM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2012, 10:56:39 PM »
oh also here is a way to see if you have hidden files you havent found yet, then once you see the files that arent supposed to be hidden you can change them back to normal

Follow these steps to display hidden files and folders.

Open Folder Options by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Folder Options.

Click the View tab.

Under Advanced settings, click Show hidden files and folders, and then click OK.

Offline ajlaird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2012, 11:54:00 PM »
Let me reiterate: combofix does a great job of fixing this virus. This includes fixing up all the hidden files.