Author Topic: open letter to everyone from markc  (Read 1784 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: open letter to everyone from markc
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2011, 01:22:03 AM »
Mark, how is Sue.    We hope and pray everything is going well for your family.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline markc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2011, 09:35:15 AM »

thanks Brett

she is going back into hospital in 2 hours for another operation today
hopefully this will be the last one

thanks for all  members for the posts and emails

even the calls thanks

mark

Offline bossninja17

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • sydney
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2011, 11:30:06 PM »
Mark
Hope all goes well for Sue. We are organising a "Pink Ribbon" morning tea at work next month. As a result of your open letter, it will mean a little more to me than just another fund raiser.
Mark
Wanted: GTB Aquarius backglass. Any playfield bits and backglasses from any EMs - nothing is junk to me.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2011, 03:26:44 AM »
I asked my wife tonight when was the last time she had a breast checkup etc. She said it had been years. I said not good enough, ya have to go next week, its very important etc. Apparently breast screening USED to be free, but now most places charge money for it. I made it clear that it doesnt matter what it costs, she's going next week.

If it hadnt have been for your important post Mark, i would never have asked etc, so your post has helped alot of people to make sure our loved ones are safe as well.
For that, i am extremely grateful. (and so will my wife be next week after I have put my foot down again).
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2011, 09:43:54 AM »
I asked my wife tonight when was the last time she had a breast checkup etc. She said it had been years. I said not good enough, ya have to go next week, its very important etc. Apparently breast screening USED to be free, but now most places charge money for it. I made it clear that it doesnt matter what it costs, she's going next week.

If it hadnt have been for your important post Mark, i would never have asked etc, so your post has helped alot of people to make sure our loved ones are safe as well.
For that, i am extremely grateful. (and so will my wife be next week after I have put my foot down again).

well Done Brett , make sure you check them out First ....

on a good front   Sue had another operation this thursday and has started recovering since , we dont find out the results till this thursday coming
i am really hoping this time they got it all and it hasnt spread anymore.   everything i have is crossed this time

thanks

mark

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2011, 05:04:00 PM »
Mark
Hope all goes well for Sue. We are organising a "Pink Ribbon" morning tea at work next month. As a result of your open letter, it will mean a little more to me than just another fund raiser.
Mark

well done Mark

and thankyou

Offline oldboy

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2011, 11:18:39 PM »
Mark

Our thoughts are with you. It affects us all and your timely warnings and positive outlook show that you will all get through this.
Having seen Sue's ability and efficiency on the internet side of the business I bet she is still organising you with the kids etc.

Best wishes Geoff

Offline Redback

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2011, 08:21:07 PM »
Hoping Sue has a fast recovery,

Red
Found hobby, now need coin

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2011, 11:51:30 AM »

thankyou all again

thursday we went back in to collect the results .

well this time we had some good news , they think they have removed all the cancer
they are doing some more tests still but still the MR ( doctor ) seemed happy
was a really good day ,  would make a grown man cry  with happiness

now we move to stage 2 and treatment ...  people say the real fun begins now ...  like any of this has been fun

guys please  check and do it often , this has not been a experience i had wanted to go through again .. 

if my story has helped anyone and made anyone check  this is all i have ever wanted , i wouldnt wish this on my worst enemy

take care all

markc

Offline Duckman

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2011, 12:46:12 PM »
Fantastic news mate, good to hear that progress is being made.  $#$

Hopefully all will go as smooth as possible with the rest of Sue's treatment. ^^^

Offline copsafe

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2011, 09:38:52 PM »
Hi Mark, Thats sad news.  My thought's and prayers with u.   Good to see even some of the idiot's on here take time out from their usless banter to be sincere and leave u a message.

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2011, 10:03:51 PM »
thanks again everyone

well its been a couple of hard weeks here

Sue had her first Chemo last week and yes  i thought it was bad before ,
this effects people in many different ways ,  it took a day for it to show , but i can tell you it was good day 1 and went down hill from there
its been nearly 5 days now  since it and we have already been back to hospital and slowly trying to do things
lots of sleep for her and rest on the couch , i am hoping by weeks end  we might have a chance of doing some things
we have been very luck to have Sues sister and Geoff be able to come over and help . just taking kids to school and so on is allot harder
than you think , the changes I have seen in my wife so far make me think I wish we had checked for this
this is something i must stress  you always look for .  we have a huge battle on our hands and its only started , we have 18 more weeks of this
then onto the next treatment ,  Guys keep checking .  we will be going back and forth to hospital nearly every week for months if not twice a week
more tests , more MRIs  more blood test , more taste test , more this more that ,  then  the worse thing worst thing ,  well she thinks  the hair will fall out ...
to me I dont care about the hair  just get well.

thanks again for the responses and advise from all

markc

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2011, 10:14:14 PM »
Hey mark hope things turn around for sue for the better. My sister went through maybe similar 3 years ago and got through it with flying colours. She had some new drug treatment but need to talk to her about her condition. If you like I can get her to talk to you or sue about dealing with the treatment etc. PM me if this would help.

Thoughts with you rob
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2011, 10:20:29 PM »
Hey mark hope things turn around for sue for the better. My sister went through maybe similar 3 years ago and got through it with flying colours. She had some new drug treatment but need to talk to her about her condition. If you like I can get her to talk to you or sue about dealing with the treatment etc. PM me if this would help.

Thoughts with you rob

THANKS rob

Sue is also trialling a new treatment drug from USA too . this starts next week I believe

thanks so much for the offer , will talk soon

mark

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2011, 10:26:56 PM »
That's good I'll find out the name what my sister had and if not the same you could maybe enquire about it as well.

Good luck
Still loving my Metallica Premium