Author Topic: Colordmd + Dmd extender = nice colored head lcd and a small apron based lcd?  (Read 2328 times)

Offline koops

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Has anyone used both? Can it even be done? Is there some fundimental reason it wouldn't work? (Ie no way to get an output from the colordmd etc).

The idea : replace stock Dmd with the specific game color Dmd then utilise the Dmd extender to extend the nice colors to an apron based lad between the flippers.

I know it can be done with just the extender just wondering if the colordmd works the same way.

Koops

Offline koops

• Forum Posts:
ok i think i figured this out myself.

You cant get the colorized dmd into a smaller lcd due to the way that the colordmd does its interpretation. You'd have to intercept the colordmd to lcd signal to grab the colorized pixels. :\

You can still do it but the small lcd would be the first in the daisy chain and would thus be monochrome and not a smaller version of the colordmd.

booearns.  ^.^

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
I built a DMD screen into a theatre of magic in the apron and it was really good to play because the screen was right below your flippers

Offline koops

• Forum Posts:
I built a DMD screen into a theatre of magic in the apron and it was really good to play because the screen was right below your flippers

well thats the idea but i wanted to see if it was possible to get the colorised colordmd version (not just color tinted etc).

Got any pics of what you used for the lcd housing?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 07:38:33 PM by koops »

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Yeah daniel, would love to see and hear more about your project.
Still loving my Metallica Premium