Author Topic: Caution - Mad Amusements  (Read 1015 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Caution - Mad Amusements
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2012, 10:03:52 AM »

I've attempted to order The Flash Gordon strobe board from his for 3 years. Not only does his checkout process fail consistently, but all attempts to communicate have not been responded to. I figured he does not value his business or customers.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Replay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2012, 10:19:36 PM »
bit slow with the processing and communication but any item/s I have ordered did turn up.

Interesting the OP is posting on something that has been read elsewhere other than based on personal experience

Offline Replay

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2012, 10:22:31 PM »

I dont know anything about MAD.. never dealt with them and dont have much need to in the future but i do know to take the anonamous wingeings on a forum with a dose of salt

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2012, 12:24:25 PM »
I just placed another order this week just gone (16th Oct), even after reading this thread and the problems others have had, so i was a little nervous in doing so!!

Well i got ALL the emails i usually expect from them re shipping options etc, and this morning i got the email from USPS shipping service wit the tracking number, so i guess its all good, no complaints from me  *.*

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2012, 01:36:03 PM »

I dont know anything about MAD.. never dealt with them and dont have much need to in the future but i do know to take the anonamous wingeings on a forum with a dose of salt

That wasnt directed at anyone here.. it was for RGP etc whos posts have a very negative feel to them

Offline Hashman

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • SKW Corporation
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2012, 06:24:01 PM »
Ive ordered from MAD three times. Twice with no problem. Once he lost the order then fixed it up.

Offline TUF-427

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane Queensland Australia
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2012, 05:53:28 PM »
I thought it was common knowledge that Mike has health issues,

and does go and have treatment at times so this obviously delays orders..

Ive Had one sucessfull order through Mad on something only he Had..

Ive tried a second thru his website which doesnt seem to process International shipping,has to be quoted manually by Mike..

never replied so I moved on...

50/50 from me...
Firepower, F14 Tomcat, Terminator2, Twilight Zone, No Fear, TAF, Hyperball, Sttng....

Offline johnwartjr

• Forum Posts:
  • Columbus, Indiana USA
  • It's ALIVEEEEEE!
    • My Home Gameroom . com
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2012, 04:54:17 PM »
A good friend of mine in Germany had to chase him for YEARS to get his order of legs and other large items.

I've talked to many collectors who have been burned.

I'll go without or make my own before dealing with MAD at this point. It's unfortunate, as my *personal* experiences have always been great - quickly delivered products at very competitive prices - but several good friends overseas have had very bad luck, and I don't want to support MAD.

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2012, 09:29:22 PM »
I thought it was common knowledge that Mike has health issues,

and does go and have treatment at times so this obviously delays orders..

I wouldn't say it is common knowledge.  I have ordered from MAD more than several times in the past before he deleted my account.  I heard many excuses as to why he hadn't processed or delivered the order such as bad weather had stopped the postal service, USPS online service had gone down, email problems and the BS kept coming.  Not once did he mention poor health as a reason.  If he had of, I and most others would have been sympathetic and understanding.  To abuse customers or just refuse to answer their queries is just plain bad form.  He has lost a huge amount of business around the world due to his poor communication skills.
Addicted to pins.

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2012, 07:14:24 PM »
I wouldn't say it is common knowledge.  I have ordered from MAD more than several times in the past before he deleted my account.  I heard many excuses as to why he hadn't processed or delivered the order such as bad weather had stopped the postal service, USPS online service had gone down, email problems and the BS kept coming.  Not once did he mention poor health as a reason.  If he had of, I and most others would have been sympathetic and understanding.  To abuse customers or just refuse to answer their queries is just plain bad form.  He has lost a huge amount of business around the world due to his poor communication skills.

Health issues is just another delaying tactic in a long list of excuses for not replying or fulfilling orders for months (and as JohnWartJr points out, years on end).

Posts.c.r.i.p.t: It seems he has recently received some medicine from CPR - a remarkable recovery . ;)

Offline casperthefriendly

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2012, 08:29:44 PM »
It is somewhat annoying that he has such a good range - often he's the only supplier that has the bits you're looking for!

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2012, 08:11:12 PM »
My order from Mad arrived today, 3 weeks to the day from when i placed the order though  *!@

A bit slow perhaps but it arrived intact, thats the main thing  *%*

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2012, 08:56:59 PM »
great to hear, maybe with the publicity on Pinside he is trying to improve
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Replay

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2012, 12:04:19 AM »
My order from Mad arrived today, 3 weeks to the day from when i placed the order though  *!@

A bit slow perhaps but it arrived intact, thats the main thing  *%*

thats actually pretty good