Author Topic: Stern Speaker lighting and speaker characters - Pinball Toppers  (Read 16847 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Stern Speaker lighting and speaker characters - Pinball Toppers
« on: November 07, 2012, 07:27:33 PM »
Here is a few mods for the Stern speaker grills - with characters to add to outside of the grill and lighting behind the grill.

http://www.pinballtoppers.com/STERN.html
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline punter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • illawarra
Looks like a nice mod,i put an order in a couple of days ago for a set for LOTR and POTC.After seeing the pics today of the LOTR set in the machine,WOW it looks awesome. @@*.

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
Ironman looks more like CFTBL  !@#

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
The Trons look very cool. Any members installing? If so post some pics please.

Offline coon82

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Hey punter, where did you see pics of the LOTR set  !@#

Nothings posted on the site yet.

Great find swinks  ()
Wanted:   Black Hole (1981Gottlieb)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
I sent a pre-order in for a Congo topper and Jonny M topper as well...very cool.   thanks..
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline punter

• Forum Posts:
  • illawarra
Hey punter, where did you see pics of the LOTR set  !@#

Great find swinks  ()
The pics for LOTR is on the Pinside website.It comes under the title,Pinball toppers.com Speaker light kits,LOTR pics added.The pics are on page 3 and they look great.Cheers Tony.

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
I sent a pre-order in for a Congo topper and Jonny M topper as well...very cool.   thanks..

Nice! I am generally not a fan of toppers as to me they don't 'do' anything.

But i do like his and how he integrates them into the machines. Thinking very hard about his Roadshow one....Thinking postage on that will be a killer though.

Other thing stopping me is once i have one topper...... &&

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Yes, the Roadshow one he has is nice..

Toppers are fun, and add something unique to a pinball machine..they are also a way to customise your machine, or make it stand out from every other persons machine...sometimes I see a topper as a way to show some creativity, to show perhaps what could have been if the factory did one etc..also, its a way to get people over to a machine and have a closer look...

Its also a way to make a 3D version of a static translite, or a moving physical version of a alive translite..I have over 40 custom toppers, one for every machine I have, and most are wayyy cool, and very imiginative...  also, toppers can be invented very easily and most tiomes can be very cheap.

An example, for a basketball themed game like Spacejam, can be just to add a proper full size NBA basket ball as a topper...it clearly shows from 10 meters away that this has a basketball theme to thge pinny...I have an alien and a area 51 sign for X files, and many other weird n wonderful versions for all the rest...You can easily add lights to any topper just by purchasing a few bulb holders and flasher lamps n coloured flasher covers and wire them into a existing flasher on the playfield..

definately a cheap n fun way to bring a game alive if u make a real good one...

That fellow wrote back to me already, so he is on the ball and offers great service as well.  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline coon82

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Quote from: coon82 on November 07, 2012, 08:35:24 PM
Hey punter, where did you see pics of the LOTR set 

Great find swinks
The pics for LOTR is on the Pinside website.It comes under the title,Pinball toppers.com Speaker light kits,LOTR pics added.The pics are on page 3 and they look great.Cheers Tony.

Thanks Tony. looks great.
Wanted:   Black Hole (1981Gottlieb)

Offline Supadave

• Forum Posts:
Hey guys, My name is David, owner operator of pinballtoppers.com. A friend of mine mentioned your forum to me. I'm so pleased to see interest all over the world. I've shipped a few orders to Australia already.

Those interested in shipping prices. 1 kit runs 18.00 USD in a small flat rate USPS box and that's all that will fit in a small box. The next price range is for a medium flat rate box. The medium flat rate  box runs 47.95 USD and I can get 5 maybe 6 kits in a medium box. It stinks cause I can only get 1 kit into a small flat rate but several in a medium. Keep that in mind if you are interested in ordering or want to maybe share shipping with someone.

There are lots of photos on pages 3,4,5 over at pinside.com http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballtopperscom-new-product-light-kits/page/3
install manual is online - http://www.pinballtoppers.com/files/manuals/Speaker_Light_Kits.pdf

I look forwarnd to seeing some of the ones I sent to Australia already installed here soon!  
If anyone has any questions just shoot me an email. admin@pinballtoppers.com

Thanks again for the support
David

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
 $.$%)% David

some great products there, keep up the great work
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
Hi David,

Welcome. Big fan of your toppers. These look good also, As i posted above i may look at your Roadshow topper at some point.

Thanks for posting.  <..>

Offline Supadave

• Forum Posts:
Hi David,

Welcome. Big fan of your toppers. These look good also, As i posted above i may look at your Roadshow topper at some point.

Thanks for posting.  <..>

That's awesome thanks!

Offline punter

• Forum Posts:
  • illawarra
Hi David and welcome to AP,i have recieved and installed my light kits into my LOTR and POTC and pics as  posted on pinside look great,BUT once you see them in the flesh they look Awesome.I will try to get some pics up myself shortly,but all i can say is these are a great mod and very well made,and easy to install  @@*.