Author Topic: Noob question, problem with Extra ball feature  (Read 237 times)

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Noob question, problem with Extra ball feature
« on: August 21, 2011, 10:15:31 PM »
ok, on my rock pin, the machine does not give the free ball, you do the feature to to get the extra ball, the machine gives the feature sound and the cab knocker fires a few times, but no free ball is given, any ideas?.
is there a setting on the pin to bypass the extra free ball that may have been set?. i actually have the same prob with my space hawks,
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 10:17:14 PM by Olivia_jason »

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Re: Noob question, problem with Extra ball feature
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 12:02:33 AM »
It may be set to give free credits instead of free balls ill see if I can dig up the settings for rock

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 01:19:01 AM »
it doesnt seem to do that either. im thinking that the free ball option has been turned off. it has a few switches on my space hawks board to change things like give free balls when you get to certain scores, also number of credits each coin will give, how many balls per game and what not, its a case of setting them in order to what the manual says, only prob my manual is in English only as far as the instruction to installing spacehwaks conversion, lol and the tech stuff and instructions on what switch does what and the rest of the manual is in Italian, but i think i can figure that out on space hawks, however the rock machine has no manual and boards dont have same style switching system as the spacehawks machine.

can free balls be turned off on a machine? im thinking that is what has been done with both machines, but im more interested in the rock one so if people using it can get a chance to get the free balls,
as i said it does all the fancy lights sounds and the cab knocker but doesnt give either an extra ball or credit. i have better understanding of the spacehawks board as it makes sence with it switches and i just have to translate the manual, but the rock machine does not have switches on the board like spacehawks to change settings, does it need to be programed or something?. cheers for help
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 01:22:38 AM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 10:10:58 PM »
Ive had a look around the net with not much success,

Offline ajlaird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 01:41:05 AM »
Manual for sale here, assuming I have the right machine in mind: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gottlieb-Premier-Rock-Original-Pinball-Manual-/280577626862

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2011, 09:36:11 PM »
i have rock encore its the next one. there was two versions of my machine one an upgrade for the rock machine or the actuall full system which mine is so i wouldnt know if it has the same, i beleive most of the difference was sound.

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2011, 10:16:49 PM »
that might help me cheers mate

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2011, 12:07:05 AM »
Yeah, IPDB used to have lots of the Gottlieb manuals available for download but they have been asked to remove them for now.

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2011, 12:32:40 AM »
yes i know, i went there the other day looking say it is no longer available.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 12:34:35 AM by Olivia_jason »