Author Topic: Another problem with RFM, This time graphics on monitor  (Read 1149 times)

Offline casperthefriendly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:

Thanks Humpalot, I will think about doing that later, My best bet atm is see if a kind person can let me borrow their RFM pc to test the converter and lcd in my rfm I think

You're welcome to borrow mine if you like - I'm in Thornbury.

Offline Dazzat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne

Hi casperthefriendly, thank you very much for the offer, I do have a fellow aussie pinball buddy who lives a bit closer and have sent him a pm to see if he can help me, if that falls through I will definitely take you up on your awesome offer.

$#$
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 08:29:46 PM by Dazzat »

Offline casperthefriendly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
No worries - just give me a shout.

Offline rustalan

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Ok Saturday will be fine. Now having looked at this thread, My thoughts are (now correct me if I'm wrong guys) What you are looking at here is a typical pc video card problem. Not the converter but the onboard one in the pc. The signal the converter gets is only as good as the card that is generating it. Now you stated that it worked fine for the first 2 weeks then fell over and I'll bet dollars to donuts that your video  card has crapped it's self.  A way to test this would be to plug the original monitor back in and see if that has colour tares as well. After all the pin2000 is a pc  that plays pinball.

Offline Dazzat

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Ok Saturday will be fine. Now having looked at this thread, My thoughts are (now correct me if I'm wrong guys) What you are looking at here is a typical pc video card problem. Not the converter but the onboard one in the pc. The signal the converter gets is only as good as the card that is generating it. Now you stated that it worked fine for the first 2 weeks then fell over and I'll bet dollars to donuts that your video  card has crapped it's self.  A way to test this would be to plug the original monitor back in and see if that has colour tares as well. After all the pin2000 is a pc  that plays pinball.

Unfortunately I can't, monitor is gone so that rules out trying at home.
Don't worry about the weekend rustalan as I have something already lined up, thanks heaps anyway ^^^

Offline rustalan

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
I would suggest taking your pc with you and plug into a machine and see how it looks