Author Topic: Ic packaging problems  (Read 140 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Ic packaging problems
« on: March 12, 2011, 03:21:16 PM »
I ordered some IC's from MOUSER electronics... main reason why im used these guys is that accpording to their website they had 4724 & 40097 IC's in stock.. they were much more pricey than say Jameco, but it saved me 2 lots of postage so i went with it.

First problem was that it took 2 days to get an email of order confirmation... then a week later i get an email saying that the 4724 are not in stock and they will wait until they arrive to ship all of my order... kinda frustrating!

4724 are not expected in till end of March!

But.... my parcel arrives yesterday and so today i went tot post office to pick it up.

All seems to be good except the 4724 are in a different packaging.. instead of standard 16 pin dip.. these are tiny little  devices approx half the size which of course is no frigging good to me.
I just went back to Mouser website where it now states that this IC may come in an alternative package and there is an 8 week lead time.

Now i swear this information was not there when i ordered.

Well believe it or not... i got these chips cos i need them... not for the fun of it.

So what do i do? Mouser dont actually have what i need so there is no point in sending them back and hoping for a replacement in a few months time... so does anyone know of a socket where i can mount these pissy little things and then slot into a standard 16 DIP package?

..... This is so bloody frustrating!