Author Topic: 1st time e-bay sellers beware  (Read 2714 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: 1st time e-bay sellers beware
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2009, 09:45:00 PM »
Studley, I think u did alright. I love the machine, but it is not a well known machine. Realistically, i belive it is worth between 2000 and 2500 MAXIMUM.

I know someone here in QLD who has had one for 5 years at 3300 and it has never sold and will sit for many years unless the price drops.
The machine is rare. The machine looks good. It does play well. But sometimes, it gets down to what a collector wants to put the $ into.
Look at Godzilla, same deal, very very rare, only 500 made. The game plays beautifully, it looks great n sounds great, but for some reason, because its not out there in droves like twilight or addams family etc, it gets overlooked.

Put the $1800 to a machine ya really like and it will be a nice change.

What are you buying next ? so many great titles to play n choose from. Buying a new pin is soo much fun, enjoy it. Great Fun.  ^^^  ^^^  ^^^  ^^^  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Marty Machine

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2009, 10:23:27 PM »
This is a debate that warrants its own thread.  &&
http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=3542.0
LOL

Troublemaker  !*!
come on now, just putting in my 20 cents worth. LOL
and as far as a being a troublemaker, well guilty as charged, no actually I WAS FRAMED  @@*

It's a setup !

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2009, 11:23:15 PM »
No second hand pin is worth more than 5k.
New pins cost 7k, so 5k second hand is top dollar.

Hey Greg....you coming down for my meet in April?  I have this very very cool machine that I know you would love....I don't know if you have heard of it, it's called Whitewater.   #@#

Bloody WH20, the watered-down williams!

I would love to be there, but have just started working, so dunno where I will be at for awhile.

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2009, 11:25:07 PM »
Keep that in mind when you are out looking for a Medieval Madness or Monster Bash.  <.>

A day will come when pin-user forums will start bagging MM & MB a lot more, and the price won't be so fetchy anymore.
Should be $3-4k each, they do nothing more than all the other $3-4k pins.......it's the damn HYPE that everyone's paying for...

MM.

I love MM, but is it worth twice as much as AFM?
No way!!

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2009, 12:04:06 AM »
If you really want a particular title you will push the envelope of what is reasonable to secure it...

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2009, 08:08:20 AM »

Bloody WH20, the watered-down williams!

I would love to be there, but have just started working, so dunno where I will be at for awhile.
[/quote]

No worries and I understand.  See how you go, it would be cool to get a car load of the Newy/Central Coast boys down.
Addicted to pins.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2009, 09:52:59 AM »
I love MM, but is it worth twice as much as AFM?
No way!!

Ditto!! I actually prefer AFM for a number of reasons. Don't dislike MM, just can't like it enough to pay the ask.

While its true that the "value is what someone is willing to pay", I think people forget somethings that differentiate an ebay sale from a private/dealer sale. One vital factor of course if the actual or perceived need for back up service to a quite complex game - I remember worrying about this years ago when I decided to buy my first game. Another (I think even more important) factor is that an ebay auction lasts a week or so, but a dealer might have a game on the floor for weeks or months until the right buyer comes along. While a sought after machine will always do reasonably well on ebay, one less desirable will only do well if the right buyer is looking when your listing is around. I remember buying a car off a mate to get him out of trouble years ago. It was possible that I wouldn't get my $ back, but it worked in well with a trip I was doing. Then after I'd used it for that trip, I ran one add for more than he'd advertised it for in the same local paper and sold it at 7.30 that morning - because someone turned up having been searching for a manual version of the car. He just hadn't looked in the paper the week my mate had advertised it. (I gave him half the difference I got extra, he didn't seem that impressed, probably why I don't see that much of him these days!!)   
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Marty Machine

« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2009, 10:35:12 AM »
(I gave him half the difference I got extra, he didn't seem that impressed, probably why I don't see that much of him these days!!)   
Considering it was YOUR car and you weren't obligated to give your mate 1cent.
I reckon he should be appreciative that you at least gave him 1/2 of the profit you made.

What a greedy pr1k !! .... Sheesh! some people need a damn hard kickin'.....
I suppose you were supposed to give him the WHOLE profit?

In a few years, that car will sell again maybe for an extra $5k-10k coz it becomes collectable...is he gonna want that too???
I HATE the greedy mentality of those kind of people.

pass my bullets, i'm a goin' huntin' .....
MM