Author Topic: Atari Superman High End Restoration  (Read 19715 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Atari Superman High End Restoration
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2023, 04:07:31 PM »
OK so this project continues even after the customer forfeited the project. I've invested a lot into the project and hit some serious brick walls on a number of fronts. The update is that the cabinet has to be built from scratch. Years after painting the headbox base white, it has started peeling like the lower cabinet. Also a quick check of the boards in this machine - they don't work 100%... So much for a working machine that needed reconditioning.

So this game has changed direction significantly and now that the backglass and plastic set has been reproduced, this will be the "High End Restoration" that I was in a way dreading as I've spent so much time and money on it for no return. BUT now it will be a restoration that will further test my patience !

Speaking of "patience", Tim dropped off the perfectly restored playfield a couple of weeks back and I thought at least I could post photos of this incredible restoration. Photos don't do it justice, but I did find it funny that the playfield was completed in 2020 !

Thanks to Tim for such an incredible job restoring this playfield. Next will be the cabinet and I will have to work out what to do about the boards. One POSSIBLE option is I have a very "switched on" and ambitious Pinball Person who may look at reproducing the ENTIRE boardset...  #@#
« Last Edit: August 10, 2023, 06:07:13 PM by Strangeways »
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia