Author Topic: Not sure if you can call it a resto....but my Getaway HS2  (Read 721 times)

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
I have purchased dodgy repros a few times and ended up throwing them away, slings for WCS94, shit dots like you have, WH20 slings wrong colour, decal for supercharger from Marco dots again, definitely not up to scratch  @.@

I ended up making one out of stainless steel

There are some pics of it installed in my resto thread
http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=3653.0

« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 10:57:48 AM by ktm450 »

Offline flippnaussie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
I have also made a steel backing plate to prevent the plastic from bending.Just need to do the elongated slots at the bottom.
How thick did you make yours?

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
That was made out of 1.6mm stainless.

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
Last year there were a few NOS plastics for sale on ebay, very rare though, hadn't seen them before, or since.  I think Wayne had them for about $80 each  @.@

http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=9110.0

Offline flippnaussie

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
I got my Plate drilled and painted, It's now fitted after having to redrill and tap new thread in he ramp mounting, the old had been stripped. I also added some nylock nuts to the back for extra security.

Now I have one of the Super charger flashers on constantly.... I can pull the playfield out and it goes away, and putting it back carefully it seems ok but after a few games it lights up agian.
Any Ideas?

Simon.

Offline flippnaussie

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
Well after some paint and screwing things together the supercharger sign looks way better than it was. Now I hope it doesn't bend and break like the original one did.

My flasher staying on turned out to be the ground braid from the side of the cabinet shorting out the flasher circuit. Well than ended up in a new globe holder to replace the melted one. As well as replace the red dome.... yet to be done.

Can anything other than rivets be used?

Simon

Offline flippnaussie

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
Not sure how it happened but out of the blue I had a crazy ball that set me up for a big score. Not the highest but geez it was good.

Simon.