Author Topic: Another Williams Hyperball Tidy Up  (Read 1287 times)

Offline TUF-427

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane Queensland Australia
Re: Another Williams Hyperball Tidy Up
« on: February 05, 2014, 01:21:21 AM »
I remember the WOW factor when this came out in the arcades. Bloody noisy,flashy and eye catching.
Thing is though, I didn't know what to do while playing it. Does anyone understand the rule set? Please explain  !@#
I really would like to have another crack at it as it was fun shooting all those little balls around the place.
I will be watching this thread, good luck with it dude.

Yea I know what you mean, Williams initial estimates for this machine were 50 000 units ! its sold about 4000 odd..

That's why cabinet designs for Firepower II etc look Somewhat Familiar..

Basically its a bit like space invaders,

You have an "Energy Centre" to protect from the lightning bolts that walk up the sides of the PF and then attack from the top.

Basically you have to shoot em with the balls thru the scoring holes before they get to the top and strike the energy centre..

There is other stuff going on too their Is an Alphanumeric screen (maybe the first of its kind?) in the Lower PF that gives you instructions,

Spell words etc to earn points and "Smartbombs" that kill all on Table.

Also reflex waves between attacks to score points on accuracy etc..

I think basically Williams made it to Fast and Too hard for the average Player to hold interest..

Most owners these days tame down the rules a little so Players can have a decent game...

Its Good clean fun I recon and Very Very Cool..And Noisy %.%
Firepower, F14 Tomcat, Terminator2, Twilight Zone, No Fear, TAF, Hyperball, Sttng....