Author Topic: Alternate / replacement Mars / police light cover for Getaway  (Read 19392 times)

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
When i bought my HS2 the Red dome was missing. I searched far and wide but could not find one anywhere but i managed to find an alternative cover that looks pretty good.

The STD factory cover

The Alternative Cover

this is where i bought it
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/POLICELIGHT-RED-RED-flashing-POLICE-LIGHT-DJ-STAGE-LIGHTING-/180894327482?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item2a1e2462ba
I only used the cover and not the base
they are also available in blue which will be useful for Lethal Weapon
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
Looks great  ^^^
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline studley67

• Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
thanks,i have a lethal weapon with a broken cover.i have been looking for 1 of these for years. $#$
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline Replay

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Nice one! Looks the biz

Offline beaky

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
thanks,i have a lethal weapon with a broken cover.i have been looking for 1 of these for years. $#$
i thought i would mention the blue one as i did see some one mention they were looking for one a few months back.
I did have to cut and flatten the 3 metal straps that hold the cover on the base and drill a hole in each one so i could crew them down to hold it in place.
I think you have to ask for the blue ones as the listing states "Available in red or blue"
They are in Dandenong
I searched and searched for a cover that would "do the trick" but all i could find either looked cheap and nasty or were the wrong size.
it looks a little different on the machine than the ebay add but when the unit is complete the ebay picture looks very close.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 11:21:14 PM by beaky »
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline beaky

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
Again i have been stopped by the edit timer  ^&^  or should i say the COT law  :lol (I hope u can take a joke, you know who you are, lol)
I was going to add,
the plastic is a decent thickness, so the cover is quite solid
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 11:28:14 PM by beaky »

Offline elkor-alish

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
Nice find.
I'm sure there are quite a few people looking for something like this.
Pins: The Getaway, TotAN, WH2O, Pinball Magic, Banzai Run, Flintstones, Judge Dredd, Lord of the Rings LE, Metallica LE, Iron Man VE, The Walking Dead LE, Star Trek The Next Generation.

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
Again i have been stopped by the edit timer  ^&^  or should i say the COT law  :lol (I hope u can take a joke, you know who you are, lol)

:lol I like it, now we have a name for it  :lol

Offline turbo27

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Having just acquired my LW3, as many do, it had a broken Police Light Cover.

You can't buy genuine, or I certainly can't find them, and having seen this post, I made my own!

The lens cover is 100 disc CD/DVD spindle cover. A 50 spindle is not tall enough.

Fortunately it is constructed from a soft plastic (not brittle) allowing me to cut it down by 45mm using household scissors.

I then used a BLUE permanent marker with a 5mm chisel tip using long continuous strokes to 'paint' the entire cover.

I did contemplate using spray paint but don't think it would have remained translucent. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

It's a good temporary fix, until I find either a genuine or a better option. :D

Offline joele

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Creative solution....  ^^^
-----
Current - Dr Who, The Shadow, Judge Dredd, Bram Stoker's Dracula and Star Wars DE

Owned but Sold - Indiana Jones, Revenge from mars, Fish Tales, Tron Pro

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
Yeah good job, it looks way better than what it sounds.
Addicted to pins.

Offline studley67

• Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
great stuff,trent.NOW fit the translight propery.It was never right. ^^^ $#$.glad to see this machine go to a good home.
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline turbo27

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Thanks for the feedback guys.....cheers

Offline Shaneus

• Forum Posts:
I've been on the lookout for alternatives to an entire light housing, my HS didn't come with a topper at all (I'll kill ddstoys next time I see him, I swear  :lol ;)) but most of the guts were intact. Wound up buying a 24VAC-12VDC converter and a 12VDC rotating light from dx.com. It's not perfect, but it does the job nicely enough!

Here's a video I took of the attract mode after I added another little modification underneath the cab :)

That CD spindle lid looks eerily close to the original though. Good thinking!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 10:36:20 PM by Shaneus »