Author Topic: game reset  (Read 854 times)

Offline boxingkoala

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Cygnet Tasmania
Re: game reset
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2013, 01:17:38 PM »
It is nearly two years later and I am finally getting back to trying to fix this Star Trek DE 25th pinball.

Time to get it working again.

The Problem:

When the start button is pressed, the game ALWAYS resets. The reset is as if the pinball is turned off and on. Not game to game start.  In diagnostics, burn in works, all coil tests work, I have tested all diodes and they have normal readings, I tested a start without the ball entering the kick lane to set off that switch. it still reset. switch tests says there are some on. Have forgotten how this works. If a couple read on does that mean there is a problem with that row or column?

As a reminder a new pinscore board was put in way back when i was trying to fix this initially. All connectors look fine with no burn. the GI connector was changed a few years back.

Might be a switch issue still so will have to get my head around that again ( 2years it is amaing what you forget).

Will go through the suggestions in this post again but have tried many, Also replaced with new coils on the kick out lane just in case.