Author Topic: Xenon help please  (Read 6913 times)

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
Re: Xenon help please
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2013, 01:30:25 PM »
So was being activated? Number on all the time.?

Yes but if I push the switch arm simulating a ball the error clears.

Offline riverinapinball

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2013, 01:40:02 PM »
Not an error, seems to working in reverse . Can anyone confirm if rhis switch is normally open or closed.

Offline riverinapinball

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2013, 02:50:28 PM »
You may need to meter the switch to see identify the terminals open close common. May be wired as open or closed

Offline Crashramp

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2013, 06:13:26 PM »
You may need to meter the switch to see identify the terminals open close common. May be wired as open or closed

I'm not exactly sure how to do that.
I have now also changed the molex connector on the board. The previous connectors I'd changed weren't related to these switches. I tested them for continuality and they seemed to be fine but I chande the whole connector over anyway. Made no difference though.

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2013, 06:19:13 PM »
You did try swapping the wires around on that trough switch didn't you which didn't make any difference?  I think that might be what Dan is referring to.
Addicted to pins.

Offline riverinapinball

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2013, 07:22:42 PM »
There are three terminals on the switch, you may find that one is common, one is normal closed, one is normally open. It think it is probably connect to common and normally closed , ir may need o be common and normally open. Use a multimeter set to continuity

Offline Crashramp

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2013, 08:15:50 PM »
There are three terminals on the switch, you may find that one is common, one is normal closed, one is normally open. It think it is probably connect to common and normally closed , ir may need o be common and normally open. Use a multimeter set to continuity
I've metered the terminals as well as trying both wires in every possible combination on the three terminals but nothing unfortunately.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2013, 09:55:53 PM »
Go back to the switch test. Remove the balls and reset the Drop Target bank so they are all reset.

Your switch test should read "0".

Flick each switch in the trough and make sure that he corresponding switch is the correct switch as per the manual. Simulate the ball in the trough, and watch what the switch test does as it rolls over each switch. It may simply be a matter of adjusting the switch. I had similar issues with Fathom.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Crashramp

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2013, 10:23:19 PM »
Go back to the switch test. Remove the balls and reset the Drop Target bank so they are all reset.

Flick each switch in the trough and make sure that he corresponding switch is the correct switch as per the manual. Simulate the ball in the trough, and watch what the switch test does as it rolls over each switch. It may simply be a matter of adjusting the switch. I had similar issues with Fathom.

Just tryed that. The only way I can make the test read 0 is to hold the micro switch ( 28 Ball Release) arm down. All switches then register as they should including the other problem switch 33 Side Saucer.
I really don't know what to make of it but the other thing that happens when I do start a game by pushing the first ball past the "ball release 03 solenoid" ( this then triggers the solinoid to release another ball after the first one drains). Once I've lost all the balls in the game, I have to turn the machine off and then on again. As simply pushing start again and pushing the ball through the ball release only works once per start up.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2013, 10:42:16 PM »

Just tryed that. The only way I can make the test read 0 is to hold the micro switch ( 28 Ball Release) arm down. All switches then register as they should including the other problem switch 33 Side Saucer.
I really don't know what to make of it but the other thing that happens when I do start a game by pushing the first ball past the "ball release 03 solenoid" ( this then triggers the solinoid to release another ball after the first one drains). Once I've lost all the balls in the game, I have to turn the machine off and then on again. As simply pushing start again and pushing the ball through the ball release only works once per start up.

Sounds like Switch 28 is not wired correctly. a "Normally Open" switch is incorrectly wired as "Normally closed".
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Crashramp

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2013, 07:45:26 AM »
I've just re- wired the switch so it reads 0 in test. Unfortunately it still won't load the ball into the shooter lane.

Offline riverinapinball

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2013, 08:49:18 AM »
Shows 0 in test, does it also show 28 when you push it down.

Offline Pintoxicated

• Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2013, 08:49:53 AM »
In a genuine attempt to save the life of another pinball machine, I will give you $499.95 CASH for the Xenon before you throw it in the pool.
Addicted to pins.

Offline riverinapinball

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2013, 08:54:07 AM »
I give you $500 neat... I think you will eventually find the faults you have , will be in the end simple fixes.

Offline riverinapinball

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #74 on: June 24, 2013, 09:21:01 AM »
Also when using the multi meter on the switch. Make sure machine is off. Also disconnect at least one wire. Put multimeter on continuity . Test switch by pushing the switch wire up and down to see if it works. Should get continuity when wire pressed down. And no reading when switch not depressed. If it does work, after trying different terminals on the switch. You need a new switch.