Author Topic: Xenon help please  (Read 6908 times)

Offline riverinapinball

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Xenon help please
« Reply #75 on: June 24, 2013, 09:30:20 AM »
If the switches is ok. I would then double check the solenoid wiring at the connector, you may have solenoids mixed up??

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #76 on: June 24, 2013, 10:40:14 AM »
Shows 0 in test, does it also show 28 when you push it down.

Yes it still shows 28 when I push down.
In a genuine attempt to save the life of another pinball machine, I will give you $499.95 CASH for the Xenon before you throw it in the pool.

I give you $500 neat... I think you will eventually find the faults you have , will be in the end simple fixes.

I wish you guys had offered that before I lugged it up the stairs on to the balcony.  I wanted a BIG splash!

Also when using the multi meter on the switch. Make sure machine is off. Also disconnect at least one wire. Put multimeter on continuity . Test switch by pushing the switch wire up and down to see if it works. Should get continuity when wire pressed down. And no reading when switch not depressed. If it does work, after trying different terminals on the switch. You need a new switch.
I'll try this tonight.

If the switches is ok. I would then double check the solenoid wiring at the connector, you may have solenoids mixed up??

This also. I know there all functioning but I didn't check that during test that the solenoids  fired in the right order. Thanks again for all of the advice. I'm sure ill get to the bottom of it, it's just when in the problem.

Offline riverinapinball

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #77 on: June 24, 2013, 11:41:48 AM »
Switch is good. Next check solenoid wiring at the connector. Use the schematic as a reference.

Offline Crashramp

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #78 on: June 24, 2013, 10:41:58 PM »
I really thought I was on a winner here. Great advice by Dan lead me back to the solenoid connector with two loose contacts on the connector. One for the Ball release and the other for side saucer kick out. Changed the whole connector and all contacts and made no difference. Bloody annoying.
I tripped the ball release a few times to run few balls though and see what happened but with the change I made to the switch wiring this morning it just wants to keep kicking both balls out so I still think the wiring was correct the way it was before. When the game was working it certainly worked that way.

Picture below is of the connector before I changed it over. Hard to see but the two top contacts are loose and bent over almost to the point of falling out.

Offline Crashramp

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #79 on: June 24, 2013, 11:09:12 PM »
New connectors in and wired the same as the last one. Can anyone tell me if there's is wired the same it's the J5 connector on the solenoid driver

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #80 on: June 25, 2013, 08:47:05 AM »
I thought you had replaced all connectors or am I thinking of FG?
Addicted to pins.

Offline riverinapinball

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #81 on: June 25, 2013, 08:50:17 AM »
Xenon owners please confirm switch 28 is open or closed, with balls out. In switch test. I think the gap or switch is stuck on .
Wait for a response from a xenon owner.

Then Do the switch test again and test with and with out balls. And double check with other owners .
Also adam ,how many balls in xenon 2?

I hope i am not leading you astray.

I think, this is the extent of my trouble shooting skills. Got me stumped. Next i would swap board to see if its board related.? Not sure??
 I will leave the rest of the comments to the more experienced.

$500 offer is now looking better. Or some under water pinball could be fun.

Offline Crashramp

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #82 on: June 25, 2013, 01:30:58 PM »
I thought you had replaced all connectors or am I thinking of FG?

Started both, finished neither.

Offline Crashramp

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #83 on: June 25, 2013, 01:34:15 PM »
Xenon owners please confirm switch 28 is open or closed, with balls out. In switch test. I think the gap or switch is stuck on .
Wait for a response from a xenon owner.

Then Do the switch test again and test with and with out balls. And double check with other owners .
Also adam ,how many balls in xenon 2?

I hope i am not leading you astray.

I think, this is the extent of my trouble shooting skills. Got me stumped. Next i would swap board to see if its board related.? Not sure??
 I will leave the rest of the comments to the more experienced.

$500 offer is now looking better. Or some under water pinball could be fun.

Yes two ball in Xenon. Thanks for the all the advice Dan, at least I've been able to count a few things out.

Offline wiredoug

• Forum Posts:
  • Werribee Vic
« Reply #84 on: June 25, 2013, 10:45:28 PM »
sorry mine has a crook mpu .. i can only help with things i can check with it powered off

Offline Crashramp

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #85 on: June 25, 2013, 11:48:01 PM »
sorry mine has a crook mpu .. i can only help with things i can check with it powered off

No worries.

I swapped the solenoid driver board over with the one out of my Flash Gordon. Didn't make any difference but at least that's one more thing of the list of potential causes.

Offline Crashramp

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #86 on: June 30, 2013, 03:10:13 PM »
Well I'm still trying to figure out the problems with this game. No luck yet but the latest thing I've tried to do to at least get the ball to load onto the shooter lane is to swap the micro switch over for another one. It didn't work but the left sling shot fired randomly while I swapped wires onto different lugs on the new switch. What does this mean?

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #87 on: June 30, 2013, 04:20:58 PM »

No worries.

I swapped the solenoid driver board over with the one out of my Flash Gordon. Didn't make any difference but at least that's one more thing of the list of potential causes.
I did a solenoid test with your mpu and driver board connected together on the test bench, plus i triggered each switch individually as well and made sure only one switch was showing up on the display at a time. I do this before sending any board out, even if a set of boards comes in for a solenoid problem all switch inputs are also tested before the boards are sent out.

On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline Crashramp

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #88 on: June 30, 2013, 05:24:33 PM »

No worries.

I did a solenoid test with your mpu and driver board connected together on the test bench, plus i triggered each switch individually as well and made sure only one switch was showing up on the display at a time. I do this before sending any board out, even if a set of boards comes in for a solenoid problem all switch inputs are also tested before the boards are sent out.

Thanks Andrew, and yes there's no problem with the boards. Everything tests just fine. The issues with the game are a complete mystery to me at the moment.

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #89 on: June 30, 2013, 05:51:54 PM »
just thought i would let you know  ^^^
i do theses tests as some times people forget to mention or are totally unaware of other faults on their boards.
 ^^^
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)