Author Topic: Stern Ali Restore  (Read 11182 times)

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
Re: Stern Ali Restore
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2016, 11:38:23 PM »
G'day guys, been a while since i posted in this thread so i thought i'd better do another quick update;

Been pretty busy with this game plus a few others, as well a doing other 'proper work' that keeps the wolf from the door  :D (and slows me down on the resto work) 

Anyway, on to some pics..

New Game Setting cards that i remade from scans of the originals..

Repainted legs..

PLAYFIELD WORK:

I'm not going to go into a lot of detail (for now at least) but i'l post a few pics..

Some BEFORE pics;

I started with the white beneath the plastics, tidying these up by sanding, masking and repainting.

A pic of the repair progress of the wear below the top center kickout hole; after several hours of painting, under a magnifying glass and a fine brush for the text!!
there was still a bit of fine tuning to be done when this pic was taken. 

Some insert work..

Lower playfield, flipper area had some wear n tear in the blue and white, pic taken after most of the blue had been airbrushed and the 'collect bonus' text touched up.

Entering the home stretch now, with most of the major touch up work done   $#$

I airbrushed the purple colour today and ended up spraying more of the p/f than i had originally intended to get the colour to blend in with the original colour (it was a difficult colour to match exactly). and MAN what a pain in the arse it was masking up all of those stars!!

Not much left to do now!! just need to redo some of the black (top arch area) and some tidy up/fine tuning and it'll be ready for the next step!!