Author Topic: 1980 Bally Space Invaders ... Whats it worth??  (Read 234 times)

Offline daics3522

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth, WA
1980 Bally Space Invaders ... Whats it worth??
« on: August 14, 2009, 01:02:36 PM »
Just wondering what a 1980 Bally Space Invaders is worth. I have found one in a shed and the owner is keen to sell it to me cos its been there covered and only played every few months for the past couple of years.

Condition report is:
Cabinet OK 8/10
Playfield Nice 9/10
Backglass Nice 9/10
100% working condition

What are your thoughts on a value for this machine. More info http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=invaders&searchtype=quick#2252
1up Promotions provide all your promotional items... from keyrings to banners to stubby coolers etc, etc..... Anything you need just PM.... (website coming soon)

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Re: 1980 Bally Space Invaders ... Whats it worth??
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 01:03:40 PM »
$3000?  !@#

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 01:05:45 PM »
$1500  !@#
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 01:08:07 PM »
isnt it a better question to ask what he wants for it? then ask yourself what you wanna pay for it

I think its hard to value SI, so many guys bag it out, others luv it for the artwork alone.
If I had 1500, and the guy was happy to take it....fine. 2k? well its in good nick, and could get that much. THEN sum1 maybe happy to pay 3k lol

that help? lol

Offline daics3522

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth, WA
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 01:12:52 PM »
isnt it a better question to ask what he wants for it? then ask yourself what you wanna pay for it
I think its hard to value SI, so many guys bag it out, others luv it for the artwork alone.
If I had 1500, and the guy was happy to take it....fine. 2k? well its in good nick, and could get that much. THEN sum1 maybe happy to pay 3k lol ........................that help? lol

I totally agree EB........ I have made an offer...which it has been accepted but wanted to hear other peoples thoughts on the value. It is in excellent condition and I will be buying it for the price...... I will post the price once I have a really good look over it on the weekend (as I may get it cheaper .....  <.>)
1up Promotions provide all your promotional items... from keyrings to banners to stubby coolers etc, etc..... Anything you need just PM.... (website coming soon)

Offline Rod71

• Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra NSW
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 07:09:57 PM »
Check for playfield wear around the horseshoe and between the slings. Backglasses are always mint on this title for some reason.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2009, 07:24:55 PM »
Check for playfield wear around the horseshoe and between the slings. Backglasses are always mint on this title for some reason.

Horseshoe area is always the first area that wears on these. Play the game and make sure it works.

Check the boards - look for corrosion on the MPU and "hack jobs" on the Power Board

This looks to be one of the better SI's I've seen (from pictures). Could be worth around the $2500 mark. If you snag it for $1700 or less - Then I would not hesitate.

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2009, 07:29:49 PM »
Congrats on a great purchase...now i know where the movie ALIENS stole their artwork from.....looks in excellent condition....i reckon up to $3k.....$1500 to $2 grand would have been a real good deal. #*#  real nice looking pin.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline daics3522

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth, WA
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2009, 07:48:21 PM »
 $#$ $#$

The pic is taken from IPDB..... I have not seen the machine but saw pics on the computer that were taken in the last month and it does look in excellent condition. I am going to check it our over the weekend and will let ya know how I get on....  #@# #@#
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 07:52:47 PM by daics3522 »

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2009, 08:24:20 PM »
Good luck with the possible purchase. I don't remember this as a particularly great playing machine, but that backglass! One of the best and enough on its own to justify owning one.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2009, 08:28:47 PM »
Good luck with the possible purchase. I don't remember this as a particularly great playing machine, but that backglass! One of the best and enough on its own to justify owning one.

Agreed, this is one awesome backglass
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2009, 02:48:57 AM »
Here Here Back glass is awsome ..   If you pay attention to the detailed art work and enjoy the Classic D D D D space invaders sound you will love it. I sure wish i had one in my line up  ^^^