Author Topic: 1995 NO FEAR PINBALL - MY BROTHERS FIRST PINBALL ARRIVED 2DAY !  (Read 390 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
1995 NO FEAR PINBALL - MY BROTHERS FIRST PINBALL ARRIVED 2DAY !
« on: February 04, 2010, 02:39:51 AM »
My brother has always wanted a NO FEAR pinball machine, made by WILLIAMS 1995. (link and general photos below)

check out this video. did u know Steve Ritchie lost a finger in a moto-x bike accident which inspired him to make/design this pinball machine. Watch the video and see Steve Ritchies MISSING FINGER ! crazy. Watch the skull on the playfield talk, how cool.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuKxOfQrdpE

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2852     (another great link here as well)

A week or so ago, i was able to finalise a deal on one.
Today the machine arrived and my brother was happy to see his NEW first pinball machine. He has wanted one for a few years.

Although most of the pins we have purchased in the past have been fully shopped, we bought this one to do a full resto on together.
Tonight we stripped down alot of the playfield plastics and ramps and are apx half way. Compared to a few other machines we have stripped down for new globes n rubbers and polishing etc, this NO FEAR pinball is alot more involved and not as easy to get everything off. But its a challenge and we are having a bit of fun.

The condition.    (Pictures are of machine as is, not cleaned yet at all with playfield grime etc).

The playfield was dirty but the condition of the playfield is without fault. Not one mark on the playfield, no wear. Excellent.
1 x incorrect slingshot plastic on the right side. We will buy a correct replacement.
The cabinet is faded but is in excellent shape. The headbox has a few scuffs. We will probably fully redecal the machine to make her like New.
The Translite is excellent, all boards and mechanicals are excellent and working. Overall, a excellent purchase.

As this is an unusual machine (no pop bumpers) but has lots of ramp shots, we will probably purchase a new main ramp to replace the repaired one on the machine. Lots of parts are available for NO FEAR. I  will try to take a few photos tonight, and then do more n more as we progress further.

If u havent seen a NO FEAR pinball before, I have included a link at the top.
We will keep doing the resto and update with more photos ^^^   ^^^  ^^^
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 03:27:04 AM by caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline johnwartjr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Columbus, Indiana USA
  • It's ALIVEEEEEE!
    • My Home Gameroom . com
Good game! I love mine. Nice Junkyard sling on the right there!

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
yeh the junkyard plastic shall be donated to the bin or who ever wants it for free.

I have put another photo on below.
cheers.

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline JD

• Forum Posts:
  • Maitland NSW
  • There's no law against having fun, just yet!
Looks good Cavey
j.D.
There is no law against having fun just yet (but I am sure they are busy are drafting one!)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

Nice machine, Cavey !

Interesting to see the JY sling in there as both NF and JY don't have pop bumpers.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline slammer

• Forum Posts:
  • Bendigo Victoria
  • Aussie Pinball - No bullshit, just pinball
Hi Brett,

Puts hand up for junkyard plastic.......

My mate has a No Fear, one of the quickest games that I have played, especially after the treasure cove kit went through it.

The ball speed is out of control.

Angelo

« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 10:28:55 AM by slammer »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
Angelo, PM me and i will send u the junkyard plastic. Its no good to me.
I tell ya what i need, a decent scan of a right side slingshot plastic from ya mate or anybody. Saves the $40 plus i got to send Marco spec or somebody else ?

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
How come no one has mentioned Steve Ritchies missing finger yet ? Its on the video above. I couldnt believe it when i saw it. Crazy !

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Good one cavey, playfield looks in great condition ^^^
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline slammer

• Forum Posts:
  • Bendigo Victoria
  • Aussie Pinball - No bullshit, just pinball
Hi Brett,

Didn't Mark have the slings for $20 only a couple of weeks ago?

Just checked Mr Pinball, still $40 there, but at least there in the country.

I will scan the plastic for you and get some dimensions when I get the machine here for the fundraiser.

Cheers Angelo

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1987

Greg at RTBB only $15 and in stock...........
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 11:35:34 PM by slammer »

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
My son enjoyed helping to strip down the no fear with you as he also loves working on pins like i do.
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline Pinfan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Greg and RTBB are the best !  ^^^
Some people have big HEADS !

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
My son enjoyed helping to strip down the no fear with you as he also loves working on pins like i do.

he did a good job Andrew. if we can turn him into a pinball tech like you, we can make some money off him. lol  ^^^

I have ordered the sling shot plastics. wont need scans now. thanks guys for ya help.

Brett  ^^^

Offline johnwartjr

• Forum Posts:
  • Columbus, Indiana USA
  • It's ALIVEEEEEE!
    • My Home Gameroom . com
One item that's very important with NF also, just thought about it as I was discussing NF with a customer of mine..

The game *needs* at least the 2.0 CPU ROM. If you don't have one, don't use the game much until you get one. I'm sure Beaky can set you up.

Starting with rev 2.0, the game checks the ramp magnet optos when the game starts to verify none are 'stuck' - if they are disabled, it pops up an error and they stay disabled until the optos test good again etc.

I've noticed on a LOT of NFs that the main ramp is melted. If the game sees the optos 'closed', it turns the magnet on. If it never sees the optos 'open', the magnet doesn't shut off, and the ramp melts.

My NF has an unmelted main ramp. I 'upgraded' a couple years ago, a friend has connections with all the distributors in this area and when they get a pin in, they call him to sell it first. He got the one I upgraded to like 7 or 8 years ago and had been sitting on it, and a HUO one came in. I sold mine and added $400 to buy the one I have now, was worth that to me to not have to decal the cabinet. But, I still think I'm going to get a new set when I actually restore it.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
john,
I am so glad u mentioned this cause the ramp on it had been melted and i have just organised to order a new one.

If i had not have seen your advice, my new ramp may have got melted. glad u posted this. excellent.

thanks heaps.
I just ordered the entire set of new cabinet decals, 1 x new main ramp, am getting the legs rechromed, not that cheap silver version, and am adding a brand new coin door. she will look like brand new when i am done.

if my brother goes to sell it, i will kick his arse.too much work and money will be going into this one ! I cant wait to play it cause i stripped it before i played a game !  @.@