Author Topic: 2 day pinball repairs course  (Read 568 times)

Offline redscorpion27

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
2 day pinball repairs course
« on: March 06, 2011, 11:19:53 PM »
Hi i am a new member and while i was searching pinball on ebay today i noticed a link box to www.pinballtroubleshooting.com. They are running a 2 day course in brisbane this weekend and wonderered if anyone was attending?.

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
Re: 2 day pinball repairs course
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 12:56:02 AM »
Looks interesting, but a touch pricey for my liking.

While it could prove helpful, don't forget that we have some of the best pinball troubleshooting minds in Australia (and possibly the world) available right here for FREE!

All you have to do is ask.

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 08:49:31 AM »
Looks interesting, but a touch pricey for my liking.

While it could prove helpful, don't forget that we have some of the best pinball troubleshooting minds in Australia (and possibly the world) available right here for FREE!

All you have to do is ask.

Yep I attend to agree ajlaird ,that's the beauty with this forum .
Plus there's heaps of info on the net .
Anyway suite yourself of cause  ^^^

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 09:17:25 AM »

I've never heard of them. I guess it would be great as an intro course. Sounds very much like the old Randy Fromm courses from years ago.

I think the forum, Mavin's Guides and the 'net in general can get you by these days.

How about an intro post Redscorpion27 ? - http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?board=2.0

^^^
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 09:23:16 PM »
$550 to learn what is already in EVERY pinball manual, no thanks. It may be helpful to some people if they have a spare $550, but the maual is the magic answer to any pinball machine.

Also, as the guys have already pointed out, the forum has many many experts who can help you for free.

If anyone in Brisbane or the Gold Coast wants to learn about their machine, just contact Beaky (Andrew-Member here) who can fix any pinball machine, and he has proven time and time again with my 30 machines, that he can fix anything correctly the first time.

If anyone does the course, i hope it works out to be money spent well. Seems very expensive to me. Maybe Beaky can hold a course for $199. lol  #@#
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline millsy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra
  • pinballaustralia.com
    • Pinball Australia
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 01:31:08 AM »
 Would have loved to go to this course, shame it isnt on after tax time, hopefully he will run another course later on in the new year.
First time I have come across a course available relating to pinball repair - Great idea. Nothing like hands on compared to reading out of a book. Have heard positive feedback from those who have attended. Price seems reasonable for a 2 day conference type course.
pinballaustralia.com

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2011, 03:30:30 AM »
$550 to learn what is already in EVERY pinball manual, no thanks. It may be helpful to some people if they have a spare $550, but the maual is the magic answer to any pinball machine.

Also, as the guys have already pointed out, the forum has many many experts who can help you for free.

If anyone in Brisbane or the Gold Coast wants to learn about their machine, just contact Beaky (Andrew-Member here) who can fix any pinball machine, and he has proven time and time again with my 30 machines, that he can fix anything correctly the first time.

If anyone does the course, i hope it works out to be money spent well. Seems very expensive to me. Maybe Beaky can hold a course for $199. lol  #@#
thanks mate. There are a couple of 'how to' dvd's around on fixing pins and I found them spot on. the great thing about a dvd is if u have forgotten what you are supposed to do then you can watch it again and refresh your memory.
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline 48

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2011, 07:30:43 PM »
No-one going to this then?
Norbert Snicer runs them.
I guess everyone here knows about Marvins sites (obviously!)
If you are every reading the Williams section there guess who's name shows up?? Yep Norbert has quite a few credits.

I am heading along to the course in a couple of weeks I will let you know.

Norbert managed to fix stuff on a couple of system9 boards for me that no-one else could.

As for the cost, $550 is cheap for a course, my 4 hour refresher trade courses cost over $300 each and I learn bugger all at them every year!
Lets go Brandon!

Offline elkor-alish

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2011, 08:18:29 PM »
I just signed up the other day for the Perth course.
Looking forward to it. I've spoken to Norbet a few times and he seems like a nice guy.
Anyone else going to the Perth one?
Pins: The Getaway, TotAN, WH2O, Pinball Magic, Banzai Run, Flintstones, Judge Dredd, Lord of the Rings LE, Metallica LE, Iron Man VE, The Walking Dead LE, Star Trek The Next Generation.

Offline GAP

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth, Western Australia
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2011, 09:02:45 PM »
I signed on about a month ago Mark. Have not heard if he has the numbers to make it happen yet though.

Offline theintelligent1

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2011, 11:17:31 PM »
I also signed up to the Perth one a few weeks ago...

Offline elkor-alish

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2011, 12:24:40 PM »
I signed on about a month ago Mark. Have not heard if he has the numbers to make it happen yet though.

I spoke to Norbet just before I registered and he said he still needed two more people.
He was pretty confident it would still go ahead as alot of the time people register in the last week.
Fingers crossed.
Pins: The Getaway, TotAN, WH2O, Pinball Magic, Banzai Run, Flintstones, Judge Dredd, Lord of the Rings LE, Metallica LE, Iron Man VE, The Walking Dead LE, Star Trek The Next Generation.

Offline chillie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2011, 12:28:27 PM »
Mark what are the dates

Offline theintelligent1

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2011, 05:50:51 PM »
Not Mark obviously...but the dates for Perth is April 2 & 3

Offline elkor-alish

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2011, 08:09:05 PM »