Author Topic: 2 day pinball repairs course  (Read 569 times)

Offline ajlaird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
Re: 2 day pinball repairs course
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2011, 01:21:28 AM »
I hope you Perth guys really enjoy the course - and give us a review after it is finished!

Offline 48

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2011, 08:47:31 PM »
Well knocked off the course this weekend.
If you already know everything about pinballs, it may not be for you.
It does not cover repairing circuit boards.
If you have a pinball and are not game to do more than replace rubbers and globes and clean, and would like to be able to repair more, then I feel that you would benefit from it.

If you don't truly understand how solenoids, switches etc work, and would like to be able to find faults quickly and repair same
then you would get a lot out of the 2 days.

The course centres around late model Williams machines, everything from 1995 on, and of course everything also relates to Sys9 and later.  I understood how matrixes worked, but there are some shortcuts that I never knew existed and are NOT in any manuals. Basically, after doing this course anyone who has their own pinball should be able to quickly troubleshoot and fix everything on and under the playfield and in the backbox save for the boards.
Also good to meet some fellow pinballers and hear a bit from the inside of the pinball industry.
Cheers.
Lets go Brandon!

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2011, 10:17:32 PM »
Sounds pretty good, thanks for letting us know.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2011, 10:56:18 PM »
Was talking to someone the other day who has also done this course.... reckoned it was all worthwhile and gave them the confidence to tackle a DMD no  hesitation,

Sounds good to me.

SS logic is pretty much fully covered by Clay .... i reckon we can all get through a TTL game without too many issues.
So with Clay and this course we have post 1977 pretty much covered... what the hobby lacks  now is the same thing for EM... seems many people struggle with the schematics.
EM course... whos up to teach it?

Offline Richyrich

• Forum Posts:
  • Mansfield, VIC.
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2011, 11:31:41 AM »
Great concept,but to pricey

There are some great people on this site,who can not help enough
,with some great advice

Thanks Marty

Offline elkor-alish

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2011, 02:21:37 PM »
Too pricey?
No way. If you work it out, 7 hours a day is about $40 an hour. When you work in the flight to Perth the hire of the function room including morning, afternoon tea and lunch. He's not really making much money out of it.
I've attended courses that ran for the same period of time that cost four times as much.

The course was great, I learned heaps and even the guys with a little more knowledge than the rest of us got something out of it.
Norbert Snicer is the nicest guy in Pinball.
I only have the one pic of the Perth course, the normal looking guy with the hat on is me :D

Pins: The Getaway, TotAN, WH2O, Pinball Magic, Banzai Run, Flintstones, Judge Dredd, Lord of the Rings LE, Metallica LE, Iron Man VE, The Walking Dead LE, Star Trek The Next Generation.