Author Topic: 1979 GORGAR - WILLIAMS.. VALUE?  (Read 129 times)

Offline bozza91

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
1979 GORGAR - WILLIAMS.. VALUE?
« on: August 22, 2011, 10:54:34 PM »
Hi, i am reasonably new to pinballs and i am beginning collecting and restoring some machines,
i am not to sure on the values of 80's era pinballs. Tommorow night i am going to look at a gorgar machine in town that a guy is interested in selling. i have researched alot on these and i know that they are the first talking machine etc but i cant seem to find how much they are worth restored or in as in condition.
The machine i am going to look at has been in storage for 15 years, apparently it is in pretty good condition but is going to need a few things fixed and a very thorougher clean.
Does anybody know what i should pay for a Gorgar, i am very keen to buy it as they can look very nice restored, but i dont want to be ripped off by this seller. Also
Does anyone know what a Gorgar is worth after a full restoration in excellent condition
any help would be much appreciated

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: 1979 GORGAR - WILLIAMS.. VALUE?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 12:48:01 PM »

One of the more desired SYS4/6 games. Hard to find one without playfield wear or backglass delamination or crazing.

If the game has been in storage for 15 years, then it may not fire up at all. If the battery has leaked onto the MPU board then it can be a time consuming excersize. You can buy replacement boards.

If it is your "Holy Grail" pinball, then you might pay up to $1200 for this title as you describe it.

A fully restored Gorgar can fetch $1900 - $2300.

Dealers would ask for stupid prices around the $2500 - $2800 figure, which is way too much. The work they do would be the bare minimum to have it presentable and working.

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia