Author Topic: 2/9/2011 MEET QLD MEMBERS. 7PM - BE QUICK .SHORT NOTICE.  (Read 431 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
2/9/2011 MEET QLD MEMBERS. 7PM - BE QUICK .SHORT NOTICE.
« on: September 01, 2011, 10:47:55 PM »
ITS VERY SHORT NOTICE i know, but I am having some members over to my place tomorrow night being Friday 2nd/September at Upper Coomera.
There shld be apx 20 to 25 DMD machines to play, drink some alcohol, and talk pinball. If any Brisy or Gold Coast members want to come, however late u reply, you are welcome.

So Far we have -

CowCorner(Daz)
Beaky(Andrew)
V8Racefan(Leon)
Caveoftreasures x2 (Brett n Suzy)
Retropins x 2 (Gav n Tracey)

address is 30 Nightjar Drive. UPPER COOMERA MOBILE 0415 280 910. Brett  ^^^

otherwise, I will see some of you on the 10th at 1pm at Sunnybank when Daz has his meet.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 04:13:58 AM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline wizo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Elanora
When i can add a bit more substance than just some old memories of eightball deluxe ill take the trip up from Elanora to Upper Coomera, have a great night guys!

*)*

Offline Steevsee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
 !!! !!! !!! !!!

Can't make it tonight guys. !!! !!! !!!

Have a great night everyone.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
no probs guys, had an extra 3 or so guys respond, so shld be a good night.

about 20 to 25 pins all lit up, bourban is flowing, and the beer is cold.

will have another night in the next month or two.  ^^^ ^^^

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
Hope the night is going well!!

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Enjoy the night guys pinballs and grog niiiiice

Peter

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Thanks for having me over Brett and extending your hospitality, great bunch of guys and a nice lineup of pins.  Godzilla is a lot of fun.
Look forward to seeing some of you guys next week-end.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
Pics? We all love meet pics!

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
HAD A GREAT NIGHT. We all drank heaps n played all different machines. The place was lit up like a Xmas tree.  $.$

A huge thanks to everyone who came. Got to finally meet Gav(Retropin) and Tracey(Mrs Retropin) who were an absolute blast. Got to meet Daz (Cowcorner) and had the usual suspects playing pins, talikng pinnys n drinking everything. In the end, we had a 4 way competition on Black Knight 2000, with Beaky kicking everyones ass on his favourite game. Gav came second on the mini comp, and Leon and I battled for last place with our wives watching us all trying to kick Andys ass..  %.%

My little fella Hunter (20 months old) ran around pressing the start buttons on over 20 machines since all the start buttons were flashing, that was fun having to play games here n there n everywhere, and It was fun watching Gav play a game on Revenge from Mars (its so much like a EM, not)  *.* 

Overall, a great night. Leon played a whack of games, and I even saw Andy playing Spacejam at one stage (thats what bourban does for you).
My wife Sooze had a great time with Tracey(Mrs Retropin). I think I used more electricity in one night than I normally do in a month with 25 plus DMD's all raging away.

To start the night off, I went to the bottle shop and bought a bottle of Jim Beam Standard, A bottle of Jim Beam-Special Aged 6year Black Label, a bottle of Jim Beam-Special 5year aged Golden Rye, and last but not least a bottle of Jim Beam-Green Label Special Choice=aged 5 years. Yum. It had to be a great night with all that grog n pinnys ready for a bash. *)*

See u guys on the next meet and thanks guys for a great night.  ^^^ ^^^ ^^^

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Had a great night mate... wife and myself thoroughly enjoyed ourselves... Thanks very much!

... Can now add BK2000 to the never ending wishlist.

Cheers Brett.. hope to catch up again soon!

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
Pics? We all love meet pics!
Dam, I didn't even think of bringing my camera  ^&^

It was a great night with only 1 pinball needing attention.
I managed to get it going again even though I couldn't walk straight, let alone see (I was shit faced with all the booze)

It was nice to catch up with people who I have met before and was great to meet some new people.

I had a great time.

Thanks Guys  ^^^
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Next time I won't drive and will have a few more frostys with you guys.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

No one had a camera  !!!

Great to see you all had a great time, and kudos to Cavey for inviting everyone to share his collection  ^^^
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
The next meet I have, I will advertise and give everyone a good 4 weeks notice.  ^^^
* If any of the Brisy/Gold Coast/anyone/members is interested in coming over for the next meet, just PM me your details etc, so I can line up numbers for the next bash.

If I can get 3 or 4 more people than the 7 last night, we can have a multi-machine competition. (say 10 people 10 machines in the comp, or 12 people 12 machines etc) and I can put on some prizes and even a Trophy etc, along with a BBQ. We had nibblys last night, but for the next meet I will put on a decent BBQ with seafood etc and no expense spared. I can even organise a shuttle service to pick members up so u can drink like a fish, and then get dropped home so u can get plastered and not worry about flashing blue lights on the way home.  ^^^

I just picked up Andy(Beaky) and brought him back over to pik up his car, and I am sure the both of us are still half pissed from last night. That Golden Rye Bourban was bloody nice. We shld have taken some photos, but we all got into the swing of things too quik and forgot the camera once the bourban was flowing.
A great excuse to hold another meet and to make the next one bigger n better ! (PM numbers for next time. Cheers.  ^^^ ^^^ ^^^

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
Sounds like a great night was had by all . Pity I don't live in QLD .
I need more room ! and more $$$