Author Topic: Anyone operating Pinball Machines? Need advice re Insurance please  (Read 141 times)

Offline ScottoKong

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
Anyone operating Pinball Machines? Need advice re Insurance please
« on: September 12, 2012, 08:09:16 PM »
Hi All

After a recent evening of chasing silver balls at my joint I've been approached by some friends to put a machine or 2 at their businesses.

Just wondering what insurance people around here have for such activities.
They all reckon I should be hiring out for parties too.

If I was going to do this what do I need?

Specifically:
I reckon I'm looking at $10M public liability?
Any recommended insurers that you're using?
I'm only looking at 4 to 5 machines tops.
Kinda thing that the cost of insurance will be a killer.

Thanks heaps!
Scott

lowlife

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
The problem is the insurer won't care if you have one machine or a hundred out - the premium is likely to be the same.

I would approach an insurance broker as they will know the most appropriate company to use.
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
I carry $20 Million public liability... costs me about a grand a year

Offline ScottoKong

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
THanks for the replies guys

I briefly spoke with a broker yesterday.

Didn't do a quote - essentially said I'd be looking 3 to 4k per year which meant I'd be forgetting about it.

I kinda expected a 1K minimum

I'll try someone else today.

Scott
lowlife

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
Heya,
I was quoted about $580 for public liability for 10 million. I *think* that was with QBE. Will have to check which broker it was with. Everyone else was too expensive or wouldn't touch amusement equipment.

My mother is in retail and she suggested I look at getting 20 million liability these days. I have spoken to some operators and they have included their machines under the site's own insurance. I was a bit weary of this and for peace of mind, would like to have my own. What are others thoughts on this?

Cheers!
Adam.

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
You need to have your own - you cannot rely on the sites insurance - YOU are the one the 'victim' will come after and YOU are the one thay will try to screw over for the slightest issue.

If there was ever any sort of issue you simply refer the 'victim' to your insurer as they know how to stall everybody expertly. The sites insurer would say "go after the operator - it isn't our customers machine"

Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals