Author Topic: New job = more pins  (Read 1027 times)

Marty Machine

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: New job = more pins
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2012, 03:40:39 PM »
I have just landed a great new job with Queensland Rail here in Brissie with excellent pay and conditions.
I have spent the last 4-6 weeks testing and interviewing in a very extensive process but it has been well worth it. I am stoked to just go back to a good job as is the missus and kids but this also will help big time with more pinball purchases.
Now I can start rebuilding my collection again and give Ironman some much needed company. I really hope this X-MEN pin is the goods, it will be first cab off the rank if it is!
 #*#

Geez, we're from opposite worlds....
The place i work for just went into receivership last week, so it's becoming "No job = LESS pins" for me.
(hence my recent pin sales).

MM

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2012, 05:53:20 PM »
I have just landed a great new job with Queensland Rail here in Brissie with excellent pay and conditions.
I have spent the last 4-6 weeks testing and interviewing in a very extensive process but it has been well worth it. I am stoked to just go back to a good job as is the missus and kids but this also will help big time with more pinball purchases.
Now I can start rebuilding my collection again and give Ironman some much needed company. I really hope this X-MEN pin is the goods, it will be first cab off the rank if it is!
 #*#

The place i work for just went into receivership last week, so it's becoming "No job = LESS pins" for me.

MM

That really sucks mate, we have the threats of closing hanging over our heads where I work, I have to tighten the belt a little, I may have to look for work elsewhere probally will mean leaving the family back here and working over west, not looking forward to that situation if it arrises. 
Best of luck getting back on your feet  *%*

Marty Machine

« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2012, 06:01:43 PM »
Thanx KTM, well fingers crossed a new buyer steps in and saves our butts...

It's a different world these days, and rapidly crumbling no matter where you move...

Apologies for hijaak ;-(

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2012, 07:05:54 PM »
 #*#

MM

That's no good mate, very shitty indeed.  I hope it all works out with a new buyer, good luck with it.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2012, 10:13:08 PM »
 #*#

MM

Sorry to hear that mate but if our premier can do nemwan slices and dices qr within an inch of it's life I could be joining you.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2012, 12:12:33 PM »
 #*#

MM

Sorry to hear that mate but if our premier can do nemwan slices and dices qr within an inch of it's life I could be joining you.

unless you are an office boy in head offce or one of the bureaucrats, i recon you would be safe, its your managers that should be shitting bricks i would say. the ratio of workers to managers is over the top in qld rail. your a front line staff member you should be fine. but at the same time, the average redundancy is $75000 for those workers being axed. you can buy a few pins with that lol.