Author Topic: More Neglected Sited Pins  (Read 247 times)

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
More Neglected Sited Pins
« on: September 14, 2012, 09:59:33 PM »
Hi guys,

Below are some pics of a few pins i was asked to look at a couple of days ago to quote on repairs, Addams Family, Jurassic Park and a Bride of Pinbot, these belong to the Port Pacific Resort in Port Macquarie, and live in the resort's recreation room. As the subject says in this thread they have been neglected badly.. well the playfields have at least, they are FILTHY.. they dont look like they have ever been cleaned  ^.^ although the cabs are fairly tidy with little wear n tear, chrome legs are rusty (not surprising as they are on the coast, just a few kays from the beaches).

Aside from the dirty playfields on all three, TAF as can be clearly seen in the pics has serious issues with the DMD, (they are still operating the game like this)  :lol
but still runs, though not very well. JP was dead, no display, very few lights and locks on a coil or two when powered on, this one will be delivered to me next week for revival, and TAF will be brought over after the school holidays they decided  *!@

The BOP i serviced today on site, (dont worry i did MORE than just the rag and nifti trick on the pf)  *%* %.% i just gave the pf centre a very quick clean before snapping these few pics on my phone (hence the quality being not so great), and i decided to take a few pics. But without going into a lot of detail, i stripped all ramps etc and cleaned as much of it as i could do in a reasonable amount of time and gave it a polish with Novus, and rerubbered it and replaced all the blown lamps (ALL of the pf G'I lamps were blown!! and half of the feature lamps). Readjusted several switches that weren't working after i had it all back together and i was done, took me about 4 hours to do it all. I also removed the backglass and fitted some new batteries to the MPU, no corrosion here luckily, but had one or two connectors cut on the power drive board and hard wired  @.@

It came up pretty decent considering the amount of grime it had on it, and the shitty cracked bodgey ramps, though there was some fairly bad wear on the return lanes like most of this title i've seen. Its not as nice as the BOP i just did the resto thread on but the Resort manager was happy with it, happy enough to say he will be getting ME to do all his pin servicing work in future and keeping his three sited pins alive and well #*#

I pointed out a couple of other probs on BOP, main one being whoever worked on the flippers last left out the metal sleeves of the flipper link where they bolt to the pawls.. so the flipper are sloppy as.. jeeez some people need their arses kicking  ^.^ not much i could do about it today, i told him i'll do a full flipper rebuild next time im there.  *%* they work "ok" as they are but not great as you would expect. still enough power to make the ramp shots, but definitely will be better with a rebuild kit, i've seen and played a lot worse!

Sorry they're not better pics, just snapped them quickly, and didnt get time to take any more  !@)

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Re: More Neglected Sited Pins
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 10:18:33 PM »
glad the operator now has someone skilled to look after those games. quality line up for a site.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: More Neglected Sited Pins
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 02:23:03 PM »
glad the operator now has someone skilled to look after those games. quality line up for a site.

+1

I've seen better games come out of junk containers. I'll bet if the coin slot was "out of order", they would fit it quick smart !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia