Author Topic: Creature - Replacement Hologram 2013  (Read 12881 times)

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
Re: Creature - Replacement Hologram 2013
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2013, 10:31:50 AM »
Dan's LCD is a waaaaaayy better option IMO , especially with the new version available soon .
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2013, 10:44:11 AM »
Dan's LCD is a waaaaaayy better option IMO , especially with the new version available soon .

I haven't seen one in the flesh but it does look better and I think will be the best value.

Also these repro holo's are made from a new hand crafted model so they will not be exactly like the originals but like the original concept.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2013, 07:48:01 PM »
a little update from Henrik

"Hi guys,

patience is really hard these   I'm talking to the holo studio every 2-3 days. It really seems to be hell of a work to make a perfect holo. My partner explained to me some days ago: they are working in a cellar deep below to avoid any vibration. The actual model is placed in postion and will have to stay there for aprox 2-3 hours till the movement of figure is completely setteld - I really couldn't believe that. Before they had their holo studio in first floor - whenever a heavy truck passed by the had to wait again for the model to settle down. Only a completely settled model can produce a really sharpe and perfect holo....

Status: they first airbruhed the figure and worked on all small details like eyes, mouth, etc. Then they attached it to an iron pole to prevent any movement. Now they've done it - they made the master holo. So the last bit that is left to do is to get the correct green color - they mentioned that no one in the past 15 years demanded a green holo 

The reason why the before mentioned holos might have turned red is that the holo studio didn't push the light spectrum into the green spectrum which is possible. And of course they might not have used the right film.

I can only reply what my partners said right from the beginning - under normal conditions the color will remain green for years and I really trust those guys - they are making holos since the 70's and they should be experienced enough...

Enclosed please find a pic of the final model straight out of the holo studio from which the holo was made. Back to you next week with photo and film of the first samples I should finally receive in a couple of days

Have fun
cheers

henrik"

for pinball t-shirts

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2013, 10:54:32 AM »
Have to say it doesn't look too bad

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2013, 01:11:15 PM »
It looks good but I have to put a huge question mark over the suggested sell price? Some things are simply not worth making from my experience and if the rumoured sell price is true maybe this is one of them????
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2013, 06:51:20 PM »
another update from Henrik

"Hi guys,

here it comes - the first photo of the finished hologramm from my partner in Hamburg. The first two films will arrive on monday and I'll make a video of the final holo.

Some words: its really hard to make a nice photo of it. My partner said in real it's much sharper than the original hologram. I also talked again with him about the durability: he said that they get lots of inquirys from US companys concerning film material simply because the film material is hardly not available in the US cause it has been produced over here in Europe. He assumed that the repros from illinois pinball were made from the wrong film material. The proper material is quite rare in these times and they're one of the few companys that still have this kind of material on stock.

He said that in a normal environement this holo will last for centuries - they of course don't like too much direct sunlight and they don't like temperatures above 70C (which is aprox above 165F). So if you don't heat up your machine or put it in the desert you should have no problems with durability...

Back to you beginning of next week with a preorder list
Have a great weekend

Cheers

Henrik"

for pinball t-shirts

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2013, 09:18:20 AM »
I spose some purists will buy it , but I don't get why you would bother buying this when the LCD option kicks its arse  *%*

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2013, 08:20:56 PM »
an update for the purists give the 3 options at the moment.

"Hi everybody,

at first let me apologize for not communicating in the past weeks. Sometimes life really su*'# - hate to sort out some really bad and sad private issues but as we all know life always continues and now I'm bakc to business...

The creature holo is ready and was tested it in 3 different machines. We all like the result we were working on for more than a year right now.

Some infos on the hologram:

Fading: I of course understand your concerns about the possibility of the hologram fading in a very short period of time. I had 3 different samples on different material - one sample made from the original monochromic material - the other ones made from newer film material.

I've chosen to make it out of the more modern material, rather than the polaroid film back from the 90's. The GREAT advantage: this holo will last for years (I could have said centuries but don't wanna risk complains in 20 years:). This material is not monochromic - so depending on the direction you look at the holo you have a full color spectrum - so you might see some blue or even orange etc. So please don't worry when you receive the holos and have a first glance at it. You simply MUST install it in the machine and the only color you'll see is bright green. Those holos need an exact angle (provided by the installed lamp and the angle the holo is mounted) to produce the desired color which is nothing but green

We'll give a 24 months warranty on the holo. Should they fade, you get a spare one or your money back. As mentioned before: I've seen holos that were 15 years old and looked like they were brand new - so I don't have any worries that the holo might fade. The holo's produced by IPB were definitely made of the wrong material.

To follow are some pics from the final holo - it was really hard to make decent photos. These photos were made in a photostudio - we also had to dim the surrounding lights in order to be able to make shots were you can see the beautiful details of the holo. For the ones amoung you who might state: I can make photos with my cheap camera - Yep - original holo made from Polaroid film had a wider range for the light and thus made it easier to make decent photos..and still in real those crazy details are much more visible than on these photos"

"Here you find a movie of the installed holo - and again: my digital camera wasn't really able to bring out the real bright green color - but this always seems to be a problem - when you look at all movies of the original holo there's always a little bit of blue depending on the direction of the movement..."

utoplay=1&rel=0

"We offer 2 versions:

1. Holo with self-adhesive foil to be sticked on original mounting plate
Preorder/early bird price is 299$ Net. price shipping from Germany

2. Holo including mounting plate for a 1:1 swap
Preorder/early bird price is 315$ Net. price shipping from Germany

Plus shipping costs - aprox 20$ to the US with DHL as carrier

These holograms are of course licensed through the license holder

Preorderlist is open from today on till june 30th. After that holos will be available at the well known distributors for a different price  

Please send inquirys INCLUDING YOUR FULL CONTACT to: holo@pinball-dreams.com

Many thanks - really hope you enjoy your brand new holo repro
Cheers

Henrik"
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 08:38:08 PM by swinks »

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2013, 05:34:48 PM »
here is a video from expo of their product.

utoplay=1&rel=0

they were delayed due to having problems with the ultra thin metal strip, which I was able to help them so I think they are ready for sale.

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2013, 03:24:33 PM »
"We have the Creature Holograms (real holograms) coming from a partnership with Henrik at Pinball Dreams in Germany that we did on them. We will have the hologram with frame available for $349 ... if anyone is interested then let us know, there will be a limited amount available."

http://www.planetarypinball.com/product/product-name-rec7/

rick@planetarypinball.com

for pinball t-shirts

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2014, 01:04:40 AM »
A follow up to this. These are now in stock at PPS and I was going to take the plunge on one of these to replace my current blue Creech, but after seeing some comparison shots from a buyer on pinside I think I will stick with my original bluey.

Note: Both the original and the repro show up as blue in the photos, but only the original is actually blue, the repro is the proper green. It just lacks the definition of the original.

Top one is the repro which is actually green in real life.

Bottom one is the original which has turned blue.

Sidenote: another PPS approved product using a 3rd party.  #@#
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 01:08:10 AM by pinsanity »

Offline rads

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2014, 07:53:59 AM »
I would be sticking with the original to.