Author Topic: NBA FB to Medieval Madness Conversion  (Read 6381 times)

Offline robm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Townsville
Re: NBA FB to Medieval Madness Conversion
« on: January 20, 2014, 10:33:56 PM »
OK, this is real, and it is happening. I think its going to be quite the challenge without another MM to copy off, but thats half the fun.

I have to thank Wally from pinside, as he has provided me with a few documents that help out a lot, as well as spending an hour or so chatting with him on skype for other tips and inspiration.

There are a few parts that are a bit difficult to get, but i'm chasing a few avenues for them.

So, i've got the MM playfield, NBA FB should turn up in the next day or so, i've got around $2000 worth of parts from two Aussie suppliers - both who have been fantastic and very helpful via email and phone.  I also bought a lot of metal parts from mantis amusements in the US, and am putting in an order for a lot of general parts/motors/brackets etc from another store in the US right now.

I started tackling a few of the assemblies - a couple of divertors, the trolls, and ball gate actuators.  I didn't complete the trolls as i will prob put LEDs in the eyes, so just quickly put together to ensure i had all the parts. Its amazing how many bits are in these,and you think you will have plenty of spare screws, nuts and washers etc - but i'm stocking up on plenty more of them as i'm running through plenty of them.  Its not a hard process, just follow the diagrams in the manual, and hope that you ordered the correct parts!

As we unwrapped the parts to date, the young bloke was pretty excited about the dragon and trolls!

Assembling ball gate actuator

Troll assemblies partially completed

Not sure what i will move to next, probably get the NBA FB and play it for a while, then start pulling it to bits, and maybe start on the wiring harness. 

Advice welcomed, or any of the castle bases that are quite tricky to get at the moment!