Author Topic: NBA FB to Medieval Madness Conversion  (Read 6389 times)

Offline robm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Townsville
Re: NBA FB to Medieval Madness Conversion
« on: February 09, 2014, 09:01:24 AM »
Got the NBA FB donor machine. I always thought i would play it a bit to see how it was, anyway, after 5 minutes of playing i was too keen to get into starting the conversion..

The NBA is largely in good condition, trough opto boards and 7 opto board was missing, but playfield, ramps and most plastics are in very good condition - if anyone needs any parts, let me know!

The cabinet is pretty solid, will need a few dings and scratches repaired before putting MM decals on, but that is a long way off

Started off by removing the playfield from the machine to start stripping

I started on the underside, and removed each of the wiring harnesses

Started with the coil and flasher harness, and i labelled each plug (or cut wire pair) with a number, this number was then recorded against the NBAFB coil table, so that when i put the harness in MM, i know where that set of wires should go.

Same then with switch and light looms - switches were labelled where they attach to the playfield

The GI and controlled harnesses were all twisted together, so will be a bit of fun getting them apart.

Once all the components off the bottom were removed, all the top side was pulled off. Its amazing how much quicker it is stripping a playfield when you dont take any pictures of where things go!

Parts were then organised into stuff that i would reuse or not.  Things like pop bumpers, flipper mechanisms, playfield brackets etc will be totally stripped and cleaned before being reused

Playfield all stripped now