Author Topic: G'day  (Read 867 times)

Offline necroscope

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Romsey Vic
G'day
« on: July 25, 2010, 08:02:15 PM »
Just realised i never introduced myself on this forum,So G'day to everyone,i've been wanting to get a pinball for the last few years but something has always come up and i have been planning the move to victoria for the last few years as there is better prizemoney to be won down here in the greyhound industry as we breed and train greyhounds for a living,anyway i started out buying a LOTR-LE off of mark and damien and i was hooked straight away what a great pin to get first up ().Then i picked up a jackbot very cheap from a backyard seller as i thought it would be great to rekindle some memories from my youth when i used to love playing pinbot,firepower,paragon,haunted house,xenon and future spa ect..thinking it was the same as pinbot but with the updated tech was a huge mistake,man i hated the sound effects in that game i ended up turning the volume off,so i traded it with the same backyard seller for an x-files,i know a lot of people bag the game but i love it,unfortuntly the playfield is totally cactus with the posts around the magnets just hanging there in mid air held on by a bit of dried old putty,so i got caught on that one big time.anyway i am planning on giving it a bit of a restore with what i have read and learned on aussie pinball in the last few months,i feel confident enough to have a go so hopefully, all is not lost.and i reckon this forum is awesome for the knowledge and advice  you blokes give out and i reckon it makes the hobby that much better for it.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 09:16:38 PM by necroscope »

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Re: G'day
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 08:20:27 PM »
Great intro and s great first pin one problem is it's hard to step up from that

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 08:40:06 PM »

Great to know that this forum has been helpful in your endevours to rekindle your interest in Pinball !

%)%
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline necroscope

• Forum Posts:
  • Romsey Vic
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 09:07:20 PM »
thanks for the welcome strangeways and dd's,i'm pretty well hooked on pinball now and i reckon i will end up with a roomfull of pins in the next few years,the only problem with the lotr-le is there is nothing to tinker with.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 10:24:16 PM »
i reckon i will end up with a roomfull of pins in the next few years..  ..

That's the spirit!! Welcome!!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2010, 10:45:30 PM »
All is not lost. I have found a brand new playfield for you.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/product.asp?ic=830%2D5146%2D00

$420 USA is very attractive pricing.

It will be cheaper to replace the playfield. Now u have something to fiddle with  ^^^
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 10:47:35 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline necroscope

• Forum Posts:
  • Romsey Vic
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2010, 11:03:51 PM »
Thanks cavey,already sent an email about postage ^^^ also rang up markc the other day and told him about my stupidity @.@ anyway mark and damien said they have a second hand playfield with everything still on it i could buy off of them if i needed it as well as i need a new right ramp and ramp protectors and a few other parts,so i am unsure what to do !@#.I tried to buy a ramp off of marco,it comes up on the website as$109 US then i get an email stating the postage is actually $199us and the ramp $61 so i reply asking him how much it would cost to to combine shipping on the ramp and a new playfield and he has ignored me for the last 3 days.talk about arogant you would think they wernt in a recession over there.you would think he would want to get rid of an x-files playfield  !@#
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 11:06:00 PM by necroscope »

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2010, 11:18:15 PM »
Welcome mate, you certainly went in hard with that first pin!

Hope you can work out something with the X-Files - can't say I have played one but as always, I give them a decent chance before making a judgement.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2010, 11:33:09 PM »
1. speak with Mark.
2. make a list of everything u need.
3. get the prices from marco spec and/or bay area amusements
4. if mark c is dearer on any parts, ask him to price match so u keep the $ in Australia and with Mark C who has put so much back into pinball
5. if u get the playfield from mark, do not be shy in asking for people from the forum who live near you to come over n help, drink grog, tell some stories, play some pinball, and help u out with the resto.
6. dont get caught again when buying a pinball machine. inspect always, ask 50 questions and take someone with you who is very experienced.

7. best to phonecall Marco when dealing with a large playfield item with postage etc.
8. thats it, X Files is a great pin. Get a playfield n enjoy the game when fixed up properly !  ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline necroscope

• Forum Posts:
  • Romsey Vic
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2010, 11:39:41 PM »
Thanks  ajlaird,i have read a lot of negative comments on x-files on the net it cops a fair bagging thats for sure,i also read that the writer of the x-files had direct involment with the development of the pin and it is very true to the show the rules are a real mystery with no real idea what to shoot for on the playfield or what modes have been completed so far i have found 11 different modes and still havent lit a couple of inserts on the playfield there is also a you tube video of the wizard mode called "KILL EM ALL" but you have to get to a mode called blood first,and i am yet to do so,the shots are quite hard with narrow ramps and narrow orbits but they are well set out when playing the differnt modes and are very rewarding when the ball starts flowing from one shot to another,and the music adds to the atmosphere very well and seems to go very well with the fast flow of the game,i honestly think people dont like it because they dont understand it.anyway you probably wont like it mate ()

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2010, 11:41:58 PM »
x files is a great pinball. i would never sell mine.

fast game with great shots and heaps of missions. way cool pinball. crank up the audio as well. good fun !  ^^^ ^^^

Offline necroscope

• Forum Posts:
  • Romsey Vic
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2010, 11:50:25 PM »
Thanks for the advice cavey,it's a good plan and it's probably a good thing i fell into a trap on this one,i've learned a good lesson and it wont be too hard to end up with a nice machine. plus i will get to learn a heap more about pinballs.

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2010, 03:46:09 PM »
 %)% Haven't played x-files for years, but I remember it to be a fun game  *%*